Feet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Only found one thread specifically on this (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47876&highlight=), was hoping for some more thoughts.

Building a box a touch over 80L, and it will be sitting on a tiled floor. What do people do about feet in this situation? The tiles never seem to be perfectly flat (wouldn't that be a dream?), so I wanted something I could adjust so it didn't rock, but I also need something with a soft base so it doesn't vibrate.

My only idea so far is an adjustable foot of some kind (can rig something up myself) and put a piece of cloth or sheet rubber on the base to keep it quiet (i think the rubber is best).

What have others done?

Ok ok, so something rubber with some give to even it out, sounds good.

Hopefully the box is heavy enough that it wont jump around :D I guess it's a try-and-see thing though.

As for what I'll actually do about feet, I'll look at that approach using my own method I think, I only need around 2mm of play for the purpose of it sitting flat on the tiles I'd say. I'll post the success of my trials (I also needed to work something out for my floor standers which currently sit on a sheet of rubber!).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.