Sub with peerless sls-10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's not really suited to a vented box, Qts is too high.

The alignment you've suggested will give about a 1.5db peak centred on 50Hz, also you will only be able to feed it about 10w before it starts bottoming out.

84L sealed will give you a Q of 0.707, f3 in the mid 40's and much higher potential power handling ;)

it's tuned to 30,91hz. I meand the box is heavy filled, while the port is slightly filled.

look
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

yes you have 1.4db peak but around 70/75hz so at the crossover frequency. and 1.7db peak at 50hz but all coud be reduced by slightly filling the port.

There's no problem for excursion at 80W it within the limit. And damping the driver basket I think lower the qts.

hi testarossa2k

testarossa2k said:

Yes even i think you should go for sealed
this is not a sub woofer, its just a woofer, sealed will give u a quick and tight responce, small size, i think ported enclosures are good only for freq. below 100hz (sub-woofers).

BTW are you planing to use any tweeter with this driver for high range, if yes wats the cuf-off freq. u planing to have

I want to use it as an active subwoofer integrated with 2way bookshelf.

I was thinking ok I go sealed, and then I put some equalization so it's a closed box but goes similar to a BR cabinet. If I go sealed I need a sub amplifier with more power because it isn't lauder as BR box.

Anyway you give no chance for this driver in a BR box? because I have an old floorstanding cabinet of 93 liters. 93 a too much for closed box, right?

90 litres is way tooo0 much

yes Qts is large, i see this high Qts in car subs usually

i am not sure if u should go for sealed or ported !!!!

But if u going for sealed then 90 litres is toooo much :eek: for a tiny 10inch woofer, ran some winisd on this peerless 10inch
at 90 lites u get like 46hz lower db which is fine
30 lites lower 3db is 50hz and u get a better flat bass responce
so why not go for 30-40 litres ???????

FullThrottleRic said:
93L will be fine sealed ;)

check again, i dont think i would give anything more than 30-40 litres to this woofer

:eek:

hi richie

richie00boy said:

This driver is designed for sealed use.

richie May i know the reason for this........

i think this woofer qualifies for ported enclosure thee only problem would be a very large volume because of high Qts
i think 90 litres will work fine till 30hz which is good without using a dedicated subwoofer
using a proper design and sub woofer 12inch 100litres u might get 25hz instead of 30hz thats it...

testarossa2k :

it's tuned to 30,91hz. I meand the box is heavy filled, while the port is slightly filled...

I don’t think your software correctly can model a damped vent/damped ported box.

b

1(2)

Attachments

• closed_10in_sls.gif
    closed_10in_sls.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 524
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.