Sub with peerless sls-10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bjorno said:
testarossa2k :

I don’t think your software correctly can model a damped vent/damped ported box.

b

1(2)

yes it can model a damped box. But not a damped vent.

Attachments

• closed 48.59.jpg
    closed 48.59.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 428
A very quick look at those links, it appears you bookshelves play quite alright down to around 100Hz - I'd be looking at a sub that can play well lower than 70Hz, you're using the sub for just 70-100Hz??

If the power levels are too high for the bookshelves to cope with 100Hz then fair enough, cross at 120Hz or so, but if not I'd try and utilise them more and look at a different sub.

Don't let the satellites roll off on the low end, you stated they're ported so it's definately not something you want to do IMO. Do those plate amps you linked to have a built-in high pass? I'm sure they do as the have RCA in AND out, but it doesn't state what freq (sometimes they have a fixed high-pass of say 100Hz, and a variable low pass, which is sort of stupid because if you're using the high-pass feature you'll have to leave the low-pass at 100Hz).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.