Listen to my sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still bugging me, though

Seems to be an answer, to build it again. But I would still like to know and will continue to play. It took a lot to come this far and its given me sleepless nights wandering where I've gone wrong. I ain't got the guts to take it apart, but I will.

Its too late to test it tonight, kids gone to bed, but in the morning I'm going to take a waterfall plot using Spectrum Lab.
http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

Great bit of software, try it.

Get back to you soon.
Regards
Mike:)

Thanks Pinkmouse

But, hold on. Sir, maybe you could help.

Now, its bloody loud as in it booms! I know its sat up close to a wall, but I don't understand why, I'm crossing at 40 hz 24db octave. I have it connected to the loudspeaker out of my main amp via 10k resistor and 10k pot in a potential divider, but its doing too much bass. I thought and had originaly crossed at about 80hz for my floorstanders. Can I cross lower, or maybe go 36db lowpass.

What do I do???:D

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Could just be the room positioning, try moving it about a bit. A clever technique I picked up from somewhere is to put it in your listening position, then walk around the room 'till it sounds good, and that's where it should go. If that doesn't work, then I'd look at electronics.

Hello gain

No I don't. I don't get much boom off of my mains. Fs of my Mordaunt Shorts is about 80 hz. richie00boy suggested the lowpass be able to encompass at least 80 to allow the two to meet. However, I found that too obtrusive and dropped it to 40hz. I didn't want the transients of a Kickdrum for example to come through, just the low low stuff. I hoped the sub would only work when the signal dropped right down.

Mike:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.