Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2007, 06:12 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need to replace Tempest with possibly 2 15" Dayton RS HF

I currently have an Adire Tempest in a 194L enclosure with 2 PR15 passives. This was built according to Adire's plans for the SBB4 enclosure. The Tempest now has some tears in the surround. I have heard that with this sort of damage, it is very important to get this fixed because it could lead to damage to my amp as well. I know the Dayton DVC would be an almost direct replacement. I was however thinking of changing the whole setup to get some tighter sound while still using the same enclosure.

I have used WinISD and the Dayton RS 15" HF look great if I were to put two of them in this enclosure. The curve doesn't seem to change much except go up if I use 3 of them. The enclosure I have has a 15" hole on opposite sides and on the bottom. To put 2 of them in there I will just seal up one hole. Would it be best to mount the two on each side and cover the bottom hole or mount one on the side, one on the bottom and cover one on the other side?
Old 11th August 2007, 04:53 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~aco...mpest_classic/ is this the driver you need? for exact, replacement
Old 11th August 2007, 07:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I am not looking for a direct replacement however. I would like to change things up a little. I guess the big question is whether I should mount the drivers on opposite sides or one on the bottom and one on the side.
Old 13th August 2007, 07:43 PM   #4
owdi is offline owdi  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffKnob
I am not looking for a direct replacement however. I would like to change things up a little. I guess the big question is whether I should mount the drivers on opposite sides or one on the bottom and one on the side.
Mounting them on opposite sides will make the whole thing vibrate less.

Dan

Hide this!Advertise here!