Marchand WM8 BASSIS and other questions..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any alternative out there to the Marchand WM8 BASSIS with balanced XLR inputs/outputs? Or do you think it's possible that I could have them build it with XLR's for me?? (I doubt it.) How about any alternatives to the WM8 at all?? (besides designing my own)

I've been messing around with the Linkwitz Transform function and various other filters in WinISD alpha for the last few days, and now I'm just starting to get really confuzzled. It's crazy how detrimental all these filters can appear to be, even with subwoofers. On the other hand, it looks as though adding a 20Hz LR4 highpass often tends to put group delay closer with that of the other woofers in a system (L&R mains) when having those crossed with a highpass (40Hz or so) as well? Is this true??

I'm new to xovers and filters. Never really designed one. Stuff is confusing to me. I can't seem to get a grasp on all the effects they have, besides frequency response of course.

Also, is there any readily available device for simply changing just the subwoofer's phase?...you know, like on a plate amp.

Many of you might have seen me mention this situation numerous times within my blabbling from boredom in the forums recently. Basically, I have 4 high xmax 15's that I'm planning to put in two separate sealed enclosures (if I go the push-pull route). I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of Darrel's new products at Hawthorne Audio, supposedly aimed to release within the next few months or so. That said, when the time comes, I'd soon like to try doing some dual concentric IB's highpassed around 100-200Hz, along with his 15's to augment them, and then use these four 15" subwoofers of mine under 40Hz or so in sealed enclosures with a linkwitz transform. The subwoofers and IB woofers will be powered with Mackie FR series pro amplifiers. I suppose a Rane or DBX LR4 would be the easiest route?

Since I have no information regarding Hawthorne's future products, I've just been modeling with his current 15" OB Augie and 10" Silver Iris coaxial drivers to maybe get an idea of what to expect and what needs to be done. As previously mentioned, I'm just getting myself confused now, and would like some input in regards to how I should go about doing all of this.

If someone could maybe assist with modeling these drivers together if necessary and provide me with some direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I just want to make sure I'm going about all this the right way.

Hawthorne Audio Silver Iris OB 10
Qts: 0.68
Qms: 5.878
Qes: 0.769
Vas: 79.10 L
Fs: 54.30 Hz
Re: 7.8
Le: 0.78
Xmax: 2.4 mm
SPL: 94.20 dB
Pe: 150 W

Hawthorne Audio Silver Iris Augie OB 15
Qts: 0.92
Qms: 6.906
Qes: 1.061
Vas: 250.3 L
Fs: 27 Hz
Re: 5.69
Le: 0.81
Xmax: 7.2 mm
SPL: 88.7 dB
Pe: 225 W
(8 ohm SVC)

Ascendant Audio Avalanche AVA15 XBL^2
Qts: 0.31
Qms: 3.5
Qes: 0.34
Fs: 15.7 Hz
Xmax: 27 mm
SPL: 87.37 dB
Pe: 800 W
Sd: 750 cm^2
(Dual 2 ohm VC)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.