Bose 302 Acoutimass Base Speaker - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2007, 10:11 PM   #1
nwsound is offline nwsound  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Bose 302 Acoutimass Base Speaker

I'm looking for some plans on the Bose 302 Acoutimass Base Speaker. I have a pair of 802II speakers that I love just want t get more bass end from something like the Bose 302 Acoutimass Base Speaker that they no longer make.
Old 20th July 2007, 10:22 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You are likely to get a barage of answers to your question with perhaps not all of them favouring your choice. I see in your bio that you are a sound engineer. It strikes me as unusual for someone in the biz to want to emulate a bose product.

Have you taken the time to consider other options? The acoustimass bass systems are not known for sound quality, nor are they a nicely built set up. I am guessing you have heard them and liked them but again I must suggest you think about other options before reconsidering the Bose modules. You can do a lot better than that for the money. Bose is all marketing. If it weren't for advertizing, Bose would no longer be with us.

The 802's are a small PA type speaker and a cousin to the legendary 901's. Are you happy with them? Feel that you just need a little more punch in the low end?

How big is the room?

Hide this!Advertise here!