W-type and the G-box baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

can someone help me with these things....

a dimention of the W-type baffle to be used on an 18" woofer and the G-box. with 15"350watts woofer.. illustrations was attached..........but of course i've illustrated this "as what i have seen..." I was invited in a party-disco in Angeles city, Philippines last summer, i was amazed with the sound reproduced when i was standing in front , about 20 meters away.. i could feel the pounding of pure bass on my body. when i got home about 0.6 kilomerters away.. i could still hear large sound... they were using these kind of baffles...

please help me...
thanx in advance....

riche

Attachments

• richard.jpg
    richard.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 323
Hi,
the W type is a horn.
Within the pass band of the horn one can get +10db of extra sensitivity. Just as important in a PA system one can also get +10db of SPL.

Putting some numbers in there.
Using a high power 500W driver with a sensitivity of 98db one can get upto 108db/W giving a max SPL (in the passband) of 135db. An ordinary bass bin would need 5kW to get near this level.

Hi andrew..,

thanx for the information... but i still have no idea on how will i start my box... i had my sound system, bought with ready made speakers and boxes...

riche

richie00boy,

as far as i can remember, there were 2 G-boxes and 1 W-box in a single set with tweeters and mid ranges... they use two sets....

Left and right.

I hope you two can help me on the ideal size of the box 18"600watts speaker for the W and 15" 350watts for the G-box...

i am an electronic technician but i have no idea about baffles...

thank you..and regards...

Riche

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.