Winisd help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ! I was playing around with winisd and modeled a subwoofer.The pic is how the freq response looks like . However the whole freq response falls below the -3dB line . Would this mean that the subwoofer will not work ? By the way which value should i look at in winisd to tell if the bass would be loose or muddy ? Thankz

Attachments

• winisd.jpg
    winisd.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 144
So what's the driver you are using?
Is it already in the Winisd database or do you have the specs for it?
What size cabinet are you using?

That drop after 100Hz is something I've only seen in a bandpass box but I'm quite new to sub design myself.

Regards,
Martin.

Hi,
that bump in the response at the 20Hz end indicates a high Q.
This is likely to result in a prominent one note effect.
If you also have some room reinforcement below 30 to 40Hz that will make the 20Hz to 25Hz Q seem even worse.

I was advised to aim for a droopy low end response imitating Bessel roll-off. I am very happy with the result.
The response falls at 3db/octave from 100Hz to 25Hz and then rolls off more steeply below leaving 20Hz about 8db below 100Hz.
No one note effect, no exaggeration of male voice, no thump thump when not intended. And I can turn up the bass output control on the active filter when I want a little headbanging (it is quite subtle).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.