need help in building subwoofer enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone I am trying to build an enclosure for my 8" subwoofer (I doubt if the 8" inch one delivers bass...But the manufacturer called it a sub)....I need your help in building an ported enclosure for the subwoofer ...I have many doubts ... like what should be the length of the port its thickness ......dimensions of the box ....etc ..Is it true that it is not good to make the sub in equal dimensions ...i.e...length,width and depth ....

You need three basic speaker parameters: fs, Vas and Qts. The box and vent dimensions can be calculated from these. I am sure there are some free calculators on the web, search for vented-box calculation. For subs the Xmax maximal linear excursion is also important.
I think equal dimensions are not a problem at subs, because the wavelength is much longer than the box dimensions. I built a cubical sub:
http://tube.fw.hu/sub1.jpg
Note that a good calculation is no guarantee for a good sound - just like in the world of amplifiers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.