Contact information for Vance Dickason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having a bit of an issue, regarding the "proper use" of DVC woofers, and I was hoping somebody might have contact information for Mr. Vance Dickason. I am trying to get as much input from as many people as I possibly can.

I have already gotten results from Dan Wiggins (of Adire Audio), Tom Bohlender (of Wisdom Audio), Thilo (of TCSounds), and two (personal friends of mine) loudspeaker engineers from Harman, in Northridge, CA, who asked to remain nameless. So far, everything seems to be leaning toward my point of view, but I have ONE person in my argument, who has suddenly thrown Mr. Dickason's name into the mix. I'd simply like to get his opinion, now.

For those of you interested in the argument, here it is. I have not, as of yet, posted complete input results from the above mentioned names, although my posts have both been based on responses from Dan Wiggins, and my driver engineer friends from Harman.

I was wondering if anybody actually read the thread I linked to... Seems everybody was willing to offer up suggestions, regarding why one should or shouldn't do it, (mostly "shouldn't", but if anyone had read the thread I linked to, they would have known that there were VERY valid and solid arguments as to why it is perfectly acceptable to run only one coil...) but all I was asking for was a way to contact Mr. Dickason.

I got the contact information I asked for, and I will soon be (hopefully) receiving a reply from Mr. Dickason, and I will place that reply on the12volt.

You can run them in parallel (if your amp can handle it), in series, using only one voice-coil or even running both voice-coils using different channels (a mate used to run his Tumult like that).

richie00boy mentioned in his post what the ramifications are. What you actually do it up to you.

"There is no should, or should not. There is only do, or do not."
(apologies to master Yoda)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.