Bin Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First time on this great forum. I'm certain you can help me

I'm building 4 (18") passive single speaker sub bins and 4 (15") passive single speaker mid bins.

I am hoping to get a nice deep bass out of these bins, you know the "DOOF" kinda bass and mean mid range for the 15" mid range bins. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what would be the best design for these bins.

I have looked at the bandpass and bass reflex bins but I'm unsure as what would be best suit these projects.

I already got 4 x 18" RCF L18P200N speakers for the bass bins and 4 x L15/554K for mid range bins plus 4 tripod mounted 15" with horns for the tops.

Can anyone help me I'm using these in pairs for weddings, house parties and if needed some small outdoor events (this is where the 15" mid range bins would be used). If you look at the pic you can get an idea of what I'm aiming for

Attachments

• default.aspx2.jpg
    default.aspx2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 348

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Well, I'm not sure what you're looking for performance wise, I mean unless it's changed in recent years, in prosound the average concert uses slightly under-damped (ringing) alignments tuned to between 40-55Hz to maximize the 60-80Hz BW and 'lift up' the efficiency to maintain it through 300Hz to cover kick drums, etc. and blend to a HE mid horn, so depending on room size you'll need from one-four HE 15" suitable for XOing to a 300-500Hz horn/mains channel (or equal) if you want to go 'live'. :) BTW, 40hz is typically > -24dB WRT 60Hz after EQing the LF stack to maximize 'punch/slam' and minimize overdrive.

Anyway, best to discuss your concerns with the designers on Speakerplan's forum.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.