Elemental Designs EHQS12 Driver..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ED has these for $25 then add shipping to that. I have read that they are fairly good drivers and other's have done some projects with some nice results. I want to use this driver with a Dayton 100 W plate amp from PE and use the dimensions 36"Hx16"Wx16"D with a 4" port (haven't calculated the tuning length yet). I want to do the driver and port down firing with about a 4" clearance from the ground and the whole thing tuned to about 23-25Hz. I do more music than movies. Has any one had any experience with this driver in projects and if so I would really like to learn about your experiences and your comments and suggestions for my build since it will be a while yet till I get the plate amp. Thank you in advance for your time and input.

You must first check if that driver is suitable for a downfiring configuration. I cannot remember the formula, but it is somewhere on the parts express website. Sorry i could not be of more help :(

although box size and tuning is dependant on the parameters of the driver, model it with a speaker modelling software before you start pulling dimensions and tunings out of the air.

Thanks, will do. I did some research and came across designs that used the driver down firing. One person even did the calculations and apparently it is good for this usage. According to the T/S parameters of this driver I found out that it can be tuned to about 23Hz without over excursion with 100W plate amp. Thanks for your input I really appreciate it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.