Titan A-200 plate amp problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

I'm wondering if anyone has anyone can help. I've been having some trouble with my sub amp.

When first switched on, the amp works fine but after a few minutes, the power light dims and the sound cuts out.
This is only remedied by switching off & on at the mains (using the amps's power switch doesn't help- the power light just goes to red then dimmed green again and still no sound).
This seems to get better if i leave the amp off for a few days, staying on for a hour or so before it cuts out again.

It doesn't seem to be caused by audio input overload(the problem still occurs when the inputs are unplugged), the voltage selector on the psu is at the right setting, the wiring to the speaker is fine and the mains socket and lead are fine too.

The sub is one of a pair and the other one works perfectly.
I suspect it may be a power supply section at fault, possibly the voltage regs?? but i'm just guessing really.

If anyone has any ideas where the problem may lie i'd appreciate the help.
I have a half decent multitester and can solder reasonably well but i'm no good at fault finding.

Edit: The amp in question can be seen here:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bastanis/prometheus.html

Cheers :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.