• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioCap Theta

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been years since I first installed the Theta's in the tweeter circuit of my Newform ribbons...so my memory is rusty in this regard. In any case, my recollection is that they take a while...maybe 200 hours+?

BTW...IMO these are excellent sounding (and under-rated) caps which combine a slight warmth with smoothness and detail.

Hope this helps.

I find that it really depends on the application, but about 250 hours is a good marker.

Sonic Craft resurrected the Theta. We picked up this cap almost 14 years ago after my experiences with it close to 20 years ago. It actually sounds better than the Mundorf ZN, and it is available in more values. However, it can also sound dark and slow. Again, it all comes down to application synergy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.