suggestions for reciever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do new recievers even still have phono inputs? I don't know ?I don't own anything newer than 1980 with exception of cdp's --Yamaha seperates ie. Pre-amp-poweramps-turntables-R2R-cassettedeck-cdp's-tuner yada,yada.yada. Three hundred would get you a real nice vintage reciever.Marantz 22xx or something like that.:)

Dave

I can't recommend the Panasonic XR-70 as it blew the output stage after ~ 7 months, warranty fix has taken several weeks (when it comes back from the "shop", I'll give to my niece) = :apathic:

Some folks do rave a little about its little brother, the Panasonic XR-55 = as a decent all around "media center" type receiver with lots of features. '55 ~ US$275 ('70 ~ US$330).

There are lots of threads here and elsewhere about tweaking both of these Panies ...

My current media controller will not a receiver (and not digital) at all. I just finished a Bottlehead pre-amp kit and I feed both analog and digital sources through it to seperate DIY amps = a component layout rather than an "all in one" receiver = much better = :D

... and Bottlehead tube phono pre-amp is a coming = Oh Boy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.