Substitution for 2SK1058&2SJ162? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Substitution for 2SK1058&2SJ162?

In my country it is not possible too find original 2SK&2SJ lateral transistors.

Please,suggest me substitition.

BUZ900P&BUZ905P
BUZ901P&BUZ906P
...???
...???

I need for SIGMA amplifier by Dr. Borivoje Jagodic(boraomega)
Old 6th April 2007, 04:44 PM   #2
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

> Please,suggest me substitition.

BUZ900P & BUZ905P, but then I thought they are even more difficult to get, and in my experience much more expensive.

You can get 2SK1058 & 2SJ162 from him :

www.fibra-brandt.com

Patrick
Old 6th April 2007, 04:45 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default 2sj

if you are about to construct ...no problems my friend tell my what 2sj you need and i will send it to you from greece and of course i will exchange them with just a picture( not schematic ) of working prototype and also the script of test procedure ......

real life test ???? or something more light ....

defination of real life you see in my post amplifier testing !!!!!!

happy easter victor
Old 7th April 2007, 09:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Re: 2sj

Quote:
Originally posted by sakis
if you are about to construct ...no problems my friend tell my what 2sj you need and i will send it to you from greece and of course i will exchange them with just a picture( not schematic ) of working prototype and also the script of test procedure ......

real life test ???? or something more light ....

defination of real life you see in my post amplifier testing !!!!!!

happy easter victor
Sakis...Sigma is not prototype!In my country it is not possible to find ORIGINAL hitachi 2Sk1058 and 2SJ162.

I will post picture

Boraomega have on his site article for amplifier testing but on Sebian language!
Old 7th April 2007, 09:53 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default dear victor

dear victor .... not even for a minute i question boras design like legend or sigma ..... but the meaning of the post is that :

from schematic.... to pcb ....to construction ..... to simulation ..... to listening .....to real life test ( as described in my post "amplifier testing") is a very long long way ......

thats why i am ready to give you the mosfets for free but i dlike to see a real life working amp in a picture

simulation is fine but from there to a working and stable amplifier is not an easy thing .....

i will post one picture of legend 8 board that got f** up only because i used one screw to hold down vas amplifier mje 340 to hetasink ...eventhough screw wasnt touching anything it was enough to create very big capacitance and ocilation arround vas amplifier ...... 50 volts of dc in the out with no signal or load and with any of the mosfet blown ....

chears sakis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg legend_hetasink_skrew_and_mods.jpg (69.8 KB, 424 views)
Old 7th April 2007, 03:01 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: dear victor

Quote:
Originally posted by sakis
dear victor .... not even for a minute i question boras design like legend or sigma ..... but the meaning of the post is that :

from schematic.... to pcb ....to construction ..... to simulation ..... to listening .....to real life test ( as described in my post "amplifier testing") is a very long long way ......

thats why i am ready to give you the mosfets for free but i dlike to see a real life working amp in a picture

simulation is fine but from there to a working and stable amplifier is not an easy thing .....

i will post one picture of legend 8 board that got f** up only because i used one screw to hold down vas amplifier mje 340 to hetasink ...eventhough screw wasnt touching anything it was enough to create very big capacitance and ocilation arround vas amplifier ...... 50 volts of dc in the out with no signal or load and with any of the mosfet blown ....

chears sakis
Well Sakis I don't know what to say!I will soon finish Sigma amplifier and then I will try to write some text about amplifier.
One guy in Serbia has made LEGEND-8 and he has no problem with power supply from +/-40V DC to +/-75V DC.
I have also built Legend but MK2 version with IRFP240 and IRFP9240 and also one guy,his name is Jovan Jovanovic,and his is delighted with LEGEND-MK2.
Old 7th April 2007, 04:30 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default very interesting

please bring me in contact with this guy that produced legend 8

thank you
Old 7th April 2007, 06:36 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Re: very interesting

Quote:
Originally osted by sakis
please bring me in contact with this guy that produced legend 8

thank you
Sorry,you must ask boraomega to give you e-mail if he want.

I don't get something,do you have problem with just one Legen-4 or what?How many did you built?Is that for kids in school or for party's???
Old 8th April 2007, 08:41 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default read my posts

well ... IF YOU READ MY POST WHIC ACTUALLY HAVE THAOUSANDS OF VIEW YOU WILL REALIZE THAT IVE BUILTED ALLREADY ABOUT 10 LEGEND 4 STEREO AND SOME 4 LEGEND 8 STEREO CAUSE I ORIGINALLY TRUSTED BORA THAT THESE DEVICES ARE PLUG AND PLAY ...AND WORKING FOR REAL LIFE ...... REMEMBER MY POSTS EXIST IN THE FORUM FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTH NOW AND NOBODY REPLIED THAT REALLY CONSTRUCTED LEGEND 4 OR 8 ........ ON THE OTHER HAND BOTH DESTROYER X AND ANDREW T HAD TO SIMULATE THE SIRQUIT TO FIND OUT IF WORKING .........

TO MY OPINION IF YOU MAKE A LEGEND 8 IF EVER MANAGE TO BIAS TO 100 MA AS IS IN THE ORIGINAL PCB AND SCHEMATIC AS BORA GAVE ME THE ONLY THING THAT YOU ARE GOING TO END UP WITH IS A LOT OF SMOKE ...... IF YOU JYST BRATH NEXT TOINPUT THE AMP IS GONE TO MARS !!!!!

READ MY POSTS ABOUT REAL LIFE TESTS READ MY POST ABOUT THE SENSITIVITY ABOUT VAS AMPLIFIER .....READ MY POST ABOUT NO MILLER CAP EXIST IN THE VAS AMPLIFIER SECTION ..........THAT CAME AS RECOMENDATION FROM BORA MUCH LATER ON ...... AND AS ABOUT BORA HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING FROM HIM SINCE I RUN IN TO THESE PROBLEMS ........ANDREW T AND CARLOS DESTROYER X AGREE WITH MY MODS BUT THEY HAVE SOME EFFECT IN THE PERFORMANCE

PREVIOUS POST ASKING IF EVER SOMEONE BUILTED ANY LEGEND EXIST IN THE FORUM WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REPLY !!!!!
Old 8th April 2007, 10:15 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default I have perceived, realised, conclude, a little bit late, that Victor has the same

trouble i have with stranger language...he do not understand a lot of words, reason why he use to make some questions about.

He is nice...the problem is that repetitive questions, about things already published are normally not so good....seems provocation to many fellows...including myself.... also give us the idea that someone landed, using a parachute inside the thread...having any idea related what is going on around, and start to ask us to make all the hard work once more because the one was lazy to read the thread, and others that have direct relation with the thread.

But for sure he is very nice guy....my dear Sakis have already explained his position in details...and now Sakis made a more detailed answer.

I hope Sakis will feel better knowing that some misunderstanding are result of language problems.

Bora told that he is a little sick...that he is tracking but not everyday or everytime...that you are nice Sakis, that he is happy with this thread existence, that this design is very old, that Nelson Pass made almost the same design..i do not know if was at the same time or not...that the circuit remember an old and famous brand that was already published , and commented, in this forum...someone told about that this circuit Bora made, has other circuit, that is almost the same, applied in another brand.

When more healthy Bora will visit us...he promissed that.

Well, Mr. Sakis have used Square waves, bigger than the maximum allowable voltage as input signal...he has overdrive the amplifier and this have sent his unit to hell....he already know that square wave, in that level, will stress too much the amplifier, and beeing bigger than the maximum allowable level will turn something alike DC current beeing drained continuously inside the output stage...when the amplifier will hold the maximum current the supply can give...this is hard....too much stress.

Every amplifier, under these conditions may fail..unless using Zener diodes to protect Power FET input against overdrive...also the Miller was missed, and latter included by Doctor Bora suggestion.

Sakis concluded that this amplifier, the one he made, is not plug and play....and normally amplifiers are not plug and play...always need some adjustment, some compensation, some different biasing....plug and play only virtual amplifiers when we open the simulator.

We can include zener diodes dear Sakis...they will "eat" the extra level... the amplifier will distort less and will not burn your transistors.

Bora told that this design is very old, and that he has others much better than this old one...he just keept this one alive, as it made part of his life in that, old and nice period of time, when we have 25 years old or something alike....the amplifier is nothing that arrived from the stars, but sounds fine.

He also remembered that he had visited USA in those early days, when the very famous Doctor Nelson Pass had, or worked, in a small shop..... was in the last, past century.

ahahahahahah!...do not bother old folks..i have 55

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!