Need Help and opinion on a circuit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 07:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Need Help and opinion on a circuit

What are the preferred parts to build this circuit?

Do I need to add the input signal into the circuit through a

summing op amp?

Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2tonehires.jpg (51.3 KB, 350 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Minion is offline Minion  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cowican Bay , vancouver island
That curcuit seems like a simple Tone controll curcuit with the first Opamp acting as a Unity Gain Buffer.....

I personally Build curcuits with whatever Parts that I happen to have at the time that will do the Job, so I can"t give you any specific recomendations other than the usual recomendation of useing 1% metal Film resistors and Poly/Film Caps.....

The opamps should be chosen depending on your source, a Low impedance sounce would probably be best to use a Low noise Bipolar BJT Input opamp and for a High impedance source a Fet input opamp would probably be best......

You never said what you plan on useign this curcuit for and with what sources and what other curcuitry is it going to be connected with ect???


Cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 08:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Thank you A BrianGT

Thank you A BrianGT Stereo kit first build

Part numbers would shue help..
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:57 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default What is the best opamp for this circuit?

What is the best opamp for this circuit?

Is there a better choice?
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 01:25 AM   #5
Minion is offline Minion  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cowican Bay , vancouver island
You really haven"t given enough Information for us to give you any specific recomendations....

Like what is your Supply Voltage (Bi-polar or single supply??) and the source Impedance, and if you are going to use this curcuit as a simple Tone controll or if it is also supplosed to also provide Gain also Is the LM3886 Curcuit Inverted or non-Inverted ???

There are a LOT of perameters to take into account when chooseing a curcuit topology and Opamp and what might work great in one curcuit might not work very well in another curcuit....

The way the curcuit is layed out you will need a Opamp that is Unity gain stable, you also have to take into account the speed of the Opamp(slew Rate), Offset Voltage, Voltage Noise ect....

there is no One opamp that works well everywere so you have to make your choices wizely......


Cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:57 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Minion
You really haven"t given enough Information for us to give you any specific recomendations....

Like what is your Supply Voltage (Bi-polar or single supply??) and the source Impedance, and if you are going to use this curcuit as a simple Tone controll or if it is also supplosed to also provide Gain also Is the LM3886 Curcuit Inverted or non-Inverted ???

There are a LOT of perameters to take into account when chooseing a curcuit topology and Opamp and what might work great in one curcuit might not work very well in another curcuit....

The way the curcuit is layed out you will need a Opamp that is Unity gain stable, you also have to take into account the speed of the Opamp(slew Rate), Offset Voltage, Voltage Noise ect....

there is no One opamp that works well everywere so you have to make your choices wizely......


Cheers
All good points,

"BrialGT Stereo NI 3886 chipamp kit"

http://www.chipamp.com/orders.shtml

Non-Inverting kit,

inputs: TV, DVD, CD, I havent figured out the power supply.

I have another sheme with a total input into a summing amp

to fill in the sound the filters omit. I will scan after school.

Thank You for the help, I learn more in this forum than in some

classes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 05:58 PM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
myhrrhleine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Avalon Island
Default Re: Need Help and opinion on a circuit

Quote:
Originally posted by ppcblaster
What are the preferred parts to build this circuit?

Do I need to add the input signal into the circuit through a

summing op amp?

Thank You

Personally, I'd use an OPA2134 for this.
1% resistors, good caps, etc.
voltage regulators for the supply voltage would be good too.

You could sum the inputs, then you'd have mono.
If you want stereo, build 2 circuits.
__________________
Just because you can't hear it doesn't mean no one can.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 07:01 PM   #8
Minion is offline Minion  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cowican Bay , vancouver island
Yes, the OPA2134 would probably work well , But if you are going to use the Curcuit exactly the way it is shown (at unity Gain) then you could get away with useing a much cheaper opamp without much sacrifice in performance, Like maybe even a TL072 or even a Bipolar Opamp would also be suitable as the input impedances will probably only be in the 50kohm Range which should be OK for a Bipolar like a NE5532......

You might want to buy a few different opamps and try them in the Curcuit and choose which one you like best.......


Cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:14 PM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Thank you

Please continue, I need all the help I can get, I am new at this

if you have a betted design for a bass and treb control, please

help.. I learn as much here as in school

I would like to have something to be proud to build and i am

not too proud to ask for help.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:36 PM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
myhrrhleine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Avalon Island
Quote:
Originally posted by Minion
Yes, the OPA2134 would probably work well , But if you are going to use the Curcuit exactly the way it is shown (at unity Gain) then you could get away with useing a much cheaper opamp without much sacrifice in performance, Like maybe even a TL072 or even a Bipolar Opamp would also be suitable as the input impedances will probably only be in the 50kohm Range which should be OK for a Bipolar like a NE5532......

You might want to buy a few different opamps and try them in the Curcuit and choose which one you like best.......


Cheers
What's the point of going cheaper if one plans to buy 'a few'?
OPA2134s aren't that expensive.

Anyway, I suggested the '134 for sound, not price.
__________________
Just because you can't hear it doesn't mean no one can.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for opinion xxxwhezzy Car Audio 9 8th May 2008 04:53 PM
your opinion please motor_maniac18 Subwoofers 2 5th October 2005 01:59 AM
your opinion please. motor_maniac18 Car Audio 5 29th September 2005 07:45 AM
Your opinion on 813? Jax Tubes / Valves 5 16th January 2004 10:10 PM
I need your opinion.. Richard Moon Everything Else 1 11th January 2004 07:14 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2