repair a relay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm trying to repair a relay I can't get at the store anymore, but until now I didn't succeed.
I tried contact spray, it's better now, but not good. Has anyone experience with repairing relays and willing to give me some advise? What to do and what not?

thanks

They make a burnishing tool for finishing the contacts on a relay.
This is not a 100% solution however and shouldn't be counted on to be. If you cannot find this tool then take the cover off and use some 400 grit sandpaper to clean the contacts and finish up with some white paper to clean out any dirt left behind.

Please make sure the equipment is turned off and you are doing this work safely.

i always use a piece of brown paper bag soaked in contact cleaner. that particular grade of paper is plenty abrasive for relay contacts, without leaving grit behind.

it never ceases to amaze me how powerful an abrasive paper is. i used to work repairing banking equipment, and regularly saw deep grooves cut into steel by checks and deposit slips.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.