Hi Fi Plan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, this is my first thread and will hopefully be the first of many for my master plan.

I want a 'banging' hi fi system on a low budget. I can get the speaker drivers on the cheap, but i need to know the boxes that I will need to make and advice on a amplifier.

I can get speakers of which are one 12" all round woofer, 200w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 23hz to 5khz

2 mid range at 5.25" round, 50w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 300hz to 8khz

4 tweeters at 4" round, 40w rms at 8 ohm with the frequency response of 2khz to 20khz

The boxes will be made out of MDF, the cheapest availiable, and there will be one subwoofer box that need the 12" hole, two midrange and tweeter boxes that need the 5.25" hole and the 4" hole, the necessary distance apart and finally two tweeter boxes with a 4" hole. the tweeter boxes will be in the same sort of style as a small surround sound like bose.

the amplifyer needs to be under £120 gbp and doesnt have to have too many channels as i am not too worried about surround sound, so if all the tweeters are playing the same so be it, allthough i would prefer it if the were into 2.1 surround.

Back to the boxes. I am completely unaware of what size it should be so if you have any plans that worked well for you it would be appreciated greatly if you could help and finally I do not have any of the neccersary cables and etc, because I am not sure if the speakers come with all of that, so any advice on that would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks
Billy

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hello Billy,

I suggest that you post the loudspeaker questions in the Loudspeaker section of the forum as there a lot of knowledgeable folk there.

As for an amp, at that price perhaps you could consider a second-hand professional amp for decent performance on a budget. Alternatively refer to this thread for a selection of self-build recommendations: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93318&highlight=

Good luck,
G.

All those things together will cost a lot...as there are

Plugs, wires, fuses, and a lot of small things that joined will make things very expensive.

An idea...really...not kidding, is to by those inexpensive home teathers...as they will provide you a lot of hardware...boxes, speakers, wires, fuses and more.

You will have the filters to bass and to treble..the electronic filters..also the remote control.

So...including bigger speakers into the subwoofer case..also replacing the subwoofer amplifier by something you construct you may develop your own amplifier..with case, knobs and hardware provided by 29 dollares in USA Wall Mart.

Check in the Internet the cheap Durabrand Home teather.

This way...you should start with something already sounding...many parts to increase your junk box in the future...and room enougth to improovements you will make day by day.

I am not kidding...it is a serious suggestion.

Welcome to our forum...i hope you will be happy here...there are thousands of nice folks and very few idiots here.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• larissa dx designer.jpg
    larissa dx designer.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 314
That Chinese constructed home teather do not sounds bad

It uses 6 TDA2030A chips.... and 120 watts rms during peaks can be provided.

You will have:

The bass enclosure with speaker and pretty well constructed.
A 150 watts heatsink
The output connectors to 5 speakers
The input to Line and Auxiliary connectors
Line fuse...power cord
Power transformer inside.
Remote control
Electronic remote control receiver
Electronic volume control
Electronic filters to Bass and treble
1 Woffer channel and 5 full range channels
Five small speakers inside enclosure..holding 10W rms each
Many meters of coloured codified wire
Speaker foot, screws, knobs, plastic finishment, speaker grille,
fuse holders and all hardware.

Better than that....room to increase the hole thing.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.