Soft start + switch on PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Ian
Sorry been busy, so haven't had a chance to work out all the pricing. But the bare PCBs will be US$20 (or A$25) each + postage.
It depends upon the power rating of your amp/size of transformer. I assume both channels are being built in one case? One board would work fine in most cases for 100-200W/channel.
I will get around to pricing a kit & completed unit over the next day or so. Also toying with offering 2 options - 1 with "off the shelf" components and 1 with "high end" components (my default).
Smithy

Thanks for that Smithy.

I will probably take two boards thanks.

Andrew T measured the amp at the following. Quote:

"37.05Vac into 8r just below visible clipping (=170W = 22.34dbW)
35.31Vac into 4r0 just below visible clipping(=311W = 24.94dbW)
changing from 8r to 4r reduced the maximum output voltage by 0.4dbV.
Absolutely no latch up as it comes out of clipping and no sign of instability at 3W & 300W into resistive load"

So I will probably run the amps as mono blocks but in the same case. Separate power supplies.

I assume that I will be able to source all the components over the ditch here as you will probably source them from the same suppliers as I have access to.

Ian

Finally got around to working our pricing, as follows:

Bare PCB (double sided, plated, solder mask & silkscreen) with schematic, parts list and overlays US$20 or AUD$25 per board

PCB and all on board components (high quality resistors, caps, semis etc) with schematic, parts list and overlays US$85 or AUD$105

Completed and tested US$105 or AUD$130

Above pricing excludes delivery - please e-mail for shipping cost (atomicnirvana@gmail.com)

Any questions, please let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.