LCR EQ questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I would like to build the Graphic EQ filter in the schematic below. But I am having trouble finding information about what types of inductors are suitable for this design. I have come across RF, power, shielded, unshielded, iron core, synthetic core, etc. Can anybody lead me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Attachments

• mk4-5.gif
    mk4-5.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 105
just about any will do. lots of people like air core coils because they don't have saturation problems, but they're larger and bullkier than iron or ferrite coils. i prefer ferrite pot cores for something like this. it gives you a large inductance in a small package. the closed magnetic loop also provides good shielding. and, the saturation characteristics of multiple cores are predictable, as long as you buy all of the same model number cores from the same manufacturer. there are even a lot of "standard" cores made by competing companies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.