philips FA-951

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The other day I came across this amplifier which is in 900-series design. All analog inputs play OK but when I tried to connect thru digital Ins (several of them as well as out for Aux, DCC etc.) it was no go. There was no sound either thru phones or speakers although the "Digital" indicator on the front panel lighted up. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, Netlist, for the heads-up. Added the site to my favorites. Found the manual there for my CD-880. Now it's clear that the amp doesn't play thru digital, it only uses it for recording. Funny, though, because a CD player can be connected directly to a digital recorder. Maybe the point is to control the recording, but to do this you should connect the player to analog inputs. A little bit complicated. I meant to use the amp as an outboard DAC but alas. I wonder is it possible to make digital recording of LPs. Doubt that strongly but I'll try.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.