thomann pa amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I saw some T-Amp, model TA-600 and others.
They are Class-B amps with bad china-quality. Sorry, but this is the truth. 166 EUR for a 2*300W amp...
As I remeber their amplifier board is similar to Monacor Stage-Line's... See attachment for schematic.

For HI-FI the sound is modest. For PA they aren't strong enough.

"First and last" I wouldn't recommend them. Let's buy an old, bur REAL amplifier for that price...

All the best,

Attachments

• sta700.jpg
    sta700.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,024
They are extremely good price/value amps if you don't consider that they are made in china. But today, what electronics aren't made there?
Remember, you'll get full 3 years warranty, yes, warranty! They are switched rail types, so not pure class b! And at least you get a decent case. PCB's are FR4 too. Sorry, I cannot find any real weak point for that price. With some minor investments/tweaks you'll get a powerful amplifier. quality might not be on par with much more expensive units, but that's for sure not the right point to search for in this area.
Before getting an old amp with no warranty at all, I would strongly suggest to buy an Thomann amp, in the case you wan't a little bit of guaranteed functionality. I currently have two better units here for repair: One Ashly, ~20 years old, having 2SJ50/2SK1530 output pairs and some really hard to get Motorola drivers. Exceptionally good construction, but also very costly to repair. The other one is a MC2 T1000 with Sanken SAP15 output pairs, this one is a one PCB only construction. When I should choose on of them to buy, I would clearly prefer to buy a Thomann amp, put another €100 for some better parts and that's it. Every Thomann Amp uses at least original Toshiba output transistors, even the €100 unit E400 (2 pairs/channel). Toroids are at the edge for the rated Power, but please consider the price!

Do a search on google. Inside the TA-models look identical to certain Face Audio (US brand) power amplifiers which go for 2-3 times for corresponding model. You will find forum fighting about marketing etc. and people not willing admit the amps are functionally identical. The differences: chassis, mains voltage (110V / 220V) and branding.

TA2400 = Face Audio 1200TS
TA1400 = Face Audio 700TS
... etc

thoman allright

Most friends got stuff from this company was more or less the lowest quality available.

I have a mp3 cd player from newmark MP 302 in my shop that only been playing fo 10 days ....After that produced mechanical errors .....

Funny thing ....the local service company asked almost a gozillion euros to look at it after the excuse that the thoman guarantee does not apply in greece ........

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I tend to agree with weissi, taking into consideration the price of the unit and if what he says about components is right, its a bargain. Looking at the schematics there are a lot of tweaks that can be done here and turn it into a very good sounding unit for little extra money, maybe its not bad standard. I think it could be turned to a very good home listening unit, where 300 w is lunatic or use it as a 200 watt proamp to be on the safeside about transformer rating.

I'd say it's a decent amp for that price.
I have bought TA1050 for 195euro!!
2x4700uF/100V caps per channel.
2x64VAC@3A transformer per channel
4 pairs power transistrors per channel.
If you replace the electrolytic caps 4700uF/100V through higher quality versions (e. g. Vishay, F&T, SicSafco or Rifa) you will get much more sound quality and releability.
This is an example:
http://uk.farnell.com/vishay-bc-components/222210619472/capacitor-4700uf-100v/dp/8821224
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/526225.pdf
Avoid cheap versions as from Nichicon offered.

However - in general I think the same than SixTek mentioned in post #2 - an old Crown, Crest or Dynachord must actually be a better choice. For this amp models most schematics easy to get in their download aeras and most replacement parts still available.

Last edited:
cr22py amps based on a Class Ab technology that will produce almost 50 volts of out in no load then 40 with simple resistive load and 30 if the load drops to anything like 6 ohms ...

the only thing that is working propelry in this amplifier is the Vi limiter .... trully it can produce almost 350 w just for a split of a second and exactly long enough till the limmiter kicks in which actually will remain playing whill kill all your sonics and dynamics of any source of music either live or program ...

my two euros ( i thing its ment to be 2 cents but here in greece we have economical krises so 2 euros cost about 2 cents ....so its fair enough ha ha ha )

tamp from Thomann

Hi,
I bought a tamp ta2400 from thomann last summer, as my old Cerwin Vega Metron A4000 lost the spirit on test. Earlier it consumed the voice coil on one of my 18 inch bass units and ran so hot that I could smell it, and at last it blew the 8A master fuse. I normally service my gear myself, but this old animal is so tricky laid out that in assembled state it is not possible to troubleshoot, and I couldn't find the connectors to make connecting wires, so I gave up.
The thomann amp is slightly less than €300, so it was a good alternative, and it has worked troublefree and acts very powerful.
As far as I have found out it is a class H which means it has more power rails and activate them by the actual need. It saves quite a lot of power-loss instead of having the full tension on the output trasistors. It is protected in any aspect.
I fully believe in the promised power : 2X 650W in 8 ohms and 2 X 1200W in 4 ohms. And you can easily spend the price of the ta2400 on repair and still have a dangerous amp !!
I made a modification on a Leslie 760, reusing the electronic crossover but connected a thomann E 800 instead of the original crap units - - it is VERY good and sounds close to tube amplified Leslies, just MUCH LOUDER!
Don't be afraid of the tamps !! They seem OK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.