How to use P- and N-channel Mosfet as switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody,

im my amplifier I want to use mosfet to disconnect the powersupply lines in case of an error, this error could be DC-fault, temp fault etc. I have an ATmega which will be controlling the Amplifier.

Normally this would be done with relays but i don't like the "clicking noise" they make.

So i would like to try a different approach by using mosfets as a switch.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

can someone please tell me how i should connect them? What i would like is that A and B will be replaced with a mosfet + additional components ( level shifter etc)

which mosfet needs to be where and how do i connect them?

Best Regards Fixation

You can use something like this although you will have to change the values to real-world

Attachments

• hv_switch.gif
    hv_switch.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 226
I think i will go with the n-channels with isolated gate drivers.
If i would put another small transformer in my amplifer which could power an MAX621 which power for example an IRF540

.. does that mean that it is isolated from the rest of the circuit?

Could i use the MAX621( High side driver ) for +ve line?
and do i need to get a Low side driver for the -ve line? or could i use a High Side driver here aswell?

the mosfet will be placed after the capacitator bank as CBS240 said

@jackinjj: Your circuit looks good but it uses 2 mosfet. the problem is that I want to use this circuit for 7 channels.. which means that i should use 28 mosfet.... :(

i'd rather go with a solution that uses some IC's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.