sansui Intergrated Amp SU-7900

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jason1976 said:
I was wondering if this amp is any good??? I was looking at vintage audio on ebay. its item number 300086514635

I am looking for something to replace my dieing kenwood amp with. :smash:

I've never heard of an SU-XXXX, but I happen to own a Sansui AU-7900 integrated amp. A real sleeper that's right up there with todays better amps. I didn't bother look at your e-bay # as it's too much hassel. I got mine at St. Vinnie's on 25% off day. Paid a total of $14.95 (before taxes) as is. Sounded like crap when I got it home, but after using contact cleaner on the pots, etc., it sounded very good indeed. About 2-3 years back, our Stereo Club had an Amplifier Shoot-out with 12-14 amps. General agreement was that the Sansui was 3rd overall. A Sim Audio Moon amplifier ($6000?) was 1st, followed by a highly modified Scott 222 tube integrated amp (ca. 1960) and then the Sansui. With the exception of the Scott, it was by far the oldest amp there, in fact several of the Club members were younger :^)
Worst Amp at the Shoot-out ? Turned out to be the Club's very own 3 year old Conrad-Johnson amplifier. As for the people that have owned Sansui amps, there seems to be two camps. The first are the owners who love their Amps and will never sell them and the second are the owners who sold their's and wish that they hadn't.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.