ExtremA, class-A strikes back?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The supply voltage for the OPS in 100W/8ohms is according to Sassen, +/-26Vdc per rail. So ~18Vac should do it BUT with experience with this amplifier, I strongly suggest you move to lower power since the dissipation just becomes monstrous. 15Vac (~21Vdc) supply should be more than enough for the amplifier to drive most speakers, even inefficient ones.

Ciao!
Do!

:)
Here is my low power modification that uses slightly modified ExtremA output stage in the opamp feedback loop, together with measurements performed with Audio Precision AP 2700 series system:

PM-A4 power amplifier

Hi Pavel,

Much appreciated. By coincidence I was actually tracing your diyaudio posts of this amplifier. Any chance you will post the components values? Some of them can of course be deduced, but others might have required some experiments.

Cheers,
Mogens

Pavel.

Could you please post the component values for your low power Extrema? :)
I have been playing around with LTspice for some time ago by using LM4702 and 498XXX to get some more power than using an ordinary audio op-amp. Do you think that could be an idea that work?

Thanks and regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.