Suppier of MJL21193/4 trannies in Australia?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking at buying a handfull of these, but the only one of the usual 'suspects' (Dick Smith/Jaycar/Radio Parts/Altronics) that have them listed on their online catalogue is Jaycar. Of course Digikey in the US have them listed but the cost is even higher. Can any antipodeans suggest another supplier, perhaps in Melbourne so I can save on shipping?

I have tried Jaycar but they have had problems with fakes. To their credit they pulled them from their shelves. My experience with another supplier, Futurlec was good on price (perhaps too good) but not so good when it came to replacing obvious fakes.

I ordered six units for a Rod Elliott design. Two were genuine (on the meter and from On-Semi reply). The other four were fakes (let me know if you would like the pictures). Onsemi customer service verified my fears. I returned the fakes to Futurlec who have never replaced or refunded my money. They don't reply to my emails. This is not the level of service I would expect from a retailer who wants further business. Let the buyer beware!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.