EXPOSURE X Integrated Amp Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a word with the Service Dept of Exposure UK and am told 80-85% of the parts are out-of-stock, some of them being specially sourced by them for this 1st & inaugral amplifier of theirs.

Hence, I am seriously considering to sell the ampliier as-is-whereis since I foresee a nightmare to restore the amplifier to its original condition.

Thanks for your post.

Cheers!

What parts are you looking for?? Many of the so called "custom" parts can be replaced with standard parts. The bipolar output transistors for example can be replaced with MJ15003/4 or MJ15023/24, The large power supply capacitors were custome made for Exposure by BHC Aerovox and can be replaced with BHC ALS series caps. As for the rest they are all very standard parts, Vishay capacitors and resistors, Zetex transistors....etc. Do you have a picture of the inside of your amp so I can see if its similar to the XV or XX. If so I may be able to help you repair it. I recently repaired my XV and there is another guy who repaired his XX.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.