Crown IC-150A POOGE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is in the TONE CONTROL feedback loop.

Thank you for clarifying that. After looking at the complete schematic I see where you're coming from.

Regarding your comments on the TI NE5534: An article in AudioXpress several years ago stated that many older op amps have had their dies redesigned to accommodate the newer surface mount packages, and that in some cases the manufacturers have quietly slipped improvements in, making current production better than the originals. The TI NE5534 was specifically mentioned.

Regarding your comments on the TI NE5534: An article in AudioXpress several years ago stated that many older op amps have had their dies redesigned to accommodate the newer surface mount packages, and that in some cases the manufacturers have quietly slipped improvements in, making current production better than the originals. The TI NE5534 was specifically mentioned.

I have some ancient NE5534 (Signetics) -- should use the NatSemi/TI THD jig with the AP to see how they compare with the current batch of NE5534!

For some reason, I have preferred the sound of a single NE5534 to one half of an NE5532. I'm not smart enough to figure out why.

Not to thread-jack, topic for another discussion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.