mismatch in bridging 2 channels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone.

why does my amplifier got problem when bridging 2 channels..
it creates a huge hum when i put loads to the two(positive) terminals.
is there anything wrong with the preamp or in the main amp..i found out that the bigger the load,also the hum..

But 2 channels operates well in normal mode(not bridge),the only thing is it has problem in bridging..

Are you supplying the input signal to the correct channel? Don't take offense here. Some amplifiers need the signal to be supplied to CH1 only with the input control if it has one set at zero for channel 2. Some amplifiers ask that the input be sent to channel 2 only and ch2's input be used to set the level and CH1 is set to zero. There are some amplifiers that you match both input level controls.

Are you suppling the signal to the amplifier as a unbalanced signal or balanced? If the amplifier has balanced capabilities and you are suppling an unbalanced signal you will need to put a jumper between the neg input and ground.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.