Suggestions for a preamplifier kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a complete preamplifier kit.
It mustn't be an Highend one but if it is why not.
The major priority is that there is a lot of soldering to do (I know, very strange priority).

As option I would leave open to get the PCB (if there is the list of parts to be purchased). I would nevertheless like to have a cabinet for it.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Titian

You could also simple find a schematic for a preamp (Or design one yourself) and etch your own PCB and then start soldering.....

This is how I started with DIY about a year ago and I have learned a LOT, I have also had a good many Failed Projects but I learned a Lot from my Failures and now are semi Competant in Understnad schematics and PCB design and Soldering and Figureing out problems....

It is extremely easy to design a Basic Opamp based Preamp ,all you have to know really is how opamps work in a basic way and read some Datasheets and schematics and study them and you will find that most all Opamp based preamp circuits are very simular in many ways......

Good luck

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

@Minion
actually I forgot to say that I'm searching something for my nearly eight and a half years old son. Don't worry, he knows soldering and electronics nearly better than I do. Well he made a small FM-radio last saturday in two hours and then was on me the rest of the day telling me he's bored he wants something to make..

An hour ago I spotted something I believe interesting for him. He liked it at least.
Though I'm still looking for alternatives especially if not valve.

I think designing his own schematics is a little too soon, even if the house is full of (i believe fully invented) schematics done by him.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.