Lead or Lag compensation??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am curious as to the benefits of either compensation. And also in an amplifier with the driver stage emitters tied together with a 220ohm resistor should i use this point as a take off area and from the vas for lead/feedforward compensation??. So far i have tried lag compensation using a 10pf cap along with lead from vas to inverting input of the differential with a 33pf and have heard promising results over strictly lag/miller compensation..I would greatly welcome your opinions, and if Hugh Dean has a chance to Id love to hear his opinion of this subject...

Colin

checked the post you referenced, I founjd some information pertaining to lag/miller compensation but not really anything about feedforward or lead compensation in the same detail as miller compensation..I have seen numerous designs that use both, and Hugh Deans reference to using lag to make the vas marginally stable and lead to acheive overall stability..I have been listening to the combination for a good chunk of the evening and my ears so far find it to sound better than just miller comp..A little more natural and better imaging..

Colin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.