Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the development...in a real testing world, the former Simplício, the Ximple amplifier had qualities enougth that made me give my name to it.

C'mon guys.... let's duel about quality?... Bring the one you have, adjusted to 100 watts power maximum during peaks...and let's see if my one will be ashamed.

You can call me "Shirley"....i will eat the board and will make a movie to you to watch the blood appearing because of the cuts.

This one is really fine!...better than all amplifiers? NO!....no one is able to beat Aksa amplifiers!....but i can march aside.... to stand aside without feel ashamed.

Can Symassym smash it?.... bring'em here...ahahaha..... bring'em here and you see that Symassym is a beautifull amplifier....but the romance.... the love and passion of beautifull sonics is there...inside the young Destroyer X...the brand new, the young amplfiers, with need upgrades to sonics..nothing there to decoration.....The amplifier.

Do you have doubts..... well.... i challenge you!...try to burn Destroyer X amplifier..... test it....try simulators to discover distortions....hehe.....you will be tired, and the maximum you will listen from Big Fat Crazy Charlie is that you may have a ball of wax inside your ears.... i will invite you to bring, and show to us your hearing tests made.

A Genuine classic from the seventies...the terrible Mythbuster amplifier.... will eat without ketchup many good amplifiers....will be comparable to many others and will loose for a nose of for a hair related many others...using a very low speed transistors.... awfull resistors and stupid capacitors....no silver mica...no blackgates..no golden plated terminals...nothing....also no emitter resistors....so reliable that i am not using fuses.

And fuse could not save my speaker that gone.... holding 100 watts peak for an hour it gone!.....first time an amplifier could kill my 150 watts speaker!

Operating cold.... 570 milivolts in the output...all other transistor running with 580 milivolts to VBE.... extremelly noiseless and stable.... deep nice bass and clear trebles, wonderfull female voices and all instruments appearing with clear sound stage.....rain is rain...claps are claps.... cannon shot is another damned speaker that will go to hell!

Flat and beautifull coloured harmonic sonics...as life is harmony, and music is harmony...and guys trying to remove added harmonics...let them there folks!

No more Ximple...it is more than that...no more Simplício, it is 10 times better..... Destroyer X amplifier...in Portuguese will be Mergulhão...o bâo! (of course with wrong letters fellows)

Bring' em....do not mind if sophisticaded.....bring'em to duel with Dx amplifier...have you courage?... tell me man, for instance, if your whale amplifier is able to adjust off set to 100 milivolts without digit over flow....non variation...hehe..... this one is stable!

I am challenging everyone!.... with Hugh Dean, Graham Maynard and Michael Bittner to a competition...sonic competition...not graphics and data competition...sound man!...music!

Good schematics, good board, circuit description (brief), parts list will come soon...this amplifier is the last one, my ultimate creation

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• last and final schematic.jpg
    last and final schematic.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 43,081
It is using 2SC5200 and 2SC1943....well, i have tried others, and they worked fine.

But those ones are famous enougth to make people trust.

Also the drivers and VAS can be replaced..at your will.

The input can use BF423, 2N5401, BC556 and BC640...all those i have tested....the better was BC640...i also think that this is very strange.

If you love small increase in treble reproduction (i like that, in special when the amplifier has lovely bass...to compensate i think) install a 103 ceramic or poliester capacitor in parallell with the 1K5 resistor..the one is connected to the feedback transistor base and the other extreme into a 220uf electrolitic.

Emitter resistors removed...the sonic is clear....better with them out! (thanks Doctor Jan Dupont)

The feedback capacitor (103) used by Graham Maynard was tested, and i could not perceive results...it is used from base to emitter, into the feedback transistor (the one connected to output line througth a 39K resistance in parallell with a 12 picofarads ceramic capacitor)

Everything that did not made difference with test signals...bells wispers, rain, claps, xilophone, violin, guitar scratching fingers, deep acoustic bass, small bells and metal triangle ..... no diference perceive by ears...removed!

Try it Ritchie...100 percent guarantee of satisfaction...it is for free.... BD139 are nice as drivers and voltage amplifier...also the cousins MJE340 (or MJ340 and 350)....TIP31 and TIP32 can be used too...TIP41 and TIP42 can be used too..there are a lot of possibilites to drivers and voltage amplifiers....gain around a hundred and sold them there!

To output you can use the output designed transistors..those traditional 15004 and others from Motorola i think...the TIP35 can be used...also the old MJ3055 and MJ2955 (but you will need

emitter resistor to equalise those guys..you will need three pairs)

The output transistor arrangement may need units that can dissipate 160 or 170 watts continuously.... can be single transistors or paralel ones...using 0.33 or 0.22 ohms resistances into the emitters (worst sonic).

Attention, atencion, atenção, achtung!..... this topologie was used by Mr. Hugh Dean...not the same but almost the same, but all Aksa secrets are preserved...any one of the subcircuits and parts used to increase performance of Aspen amplifiers were used here...Hugh is my friend and no way to stole his secrets....also i use to be a thief only in 32 of February....and if stole something..for sure will be from enemies.

I have tested 25 plus 25 volts.... 35 plus 35 volts.... 38 plus 38 volts and 45 plus 45, this last sittuation using 8 ohms loads.

regards,

Carlos

Yes...it will be even better...but no Aksa circuits in this one..will keep this one

different...not to discover (i do not want) the powder without smoke as this was already done.

Thank you very much by your presence.

You are one of the guys i would love to listen this amplifier...as you have wonderfull units in your home.

Well...if do not want to assemble.... pick an Airplane to Recife.... i will let you with Rosalinda...the maid in the beach house....she loves to laugh when have very white guys to take care....i could never understand why she turns so happy...and my friends too...they cry when they go away returning to Deutschland and Sweden....i cannot understand what goes there!

Come and listen man...i will be happy to listen your ideas.... in Brazil you will have hundred percent costs paid...all them!

I hope you would be different and will explain me what is going on with my maid Rosalinda and my friends that travel to brazil.

She is lovely...so good girl...she use to stay all nigth long with my friends...can you believe so good girl...she told me that stay all nigth long killing mosquitos...wonderfull girl...an anjo!

regards,

Carlos

Re: It is using 2SC5200 and 2SC1943....well, i have tried others, and they worked fin

destroyer X said:

Everything that did not made difference with test signals...
bells wispers, rain, claps, xilophone, violin, guitar scratching fingers, deep acoustic bass, small bells and metal triangle .....
no difference perceived by ears...removed!
sparkle said:

it would be nice to put some 10R resistor from input (signal) ground to power ground
my humble opinion...
daniel

destroyer X
Everything that did not made difference
...... perceived by ears...removed!

What you describe, is what many of us like the most,
AKSA & Nelson & Lineup & SEWA Father Mad_K,
... now we add to this :cool: Hall Of Fame Group:cool:
... one more member:
Carlos 'The Very Productive Ingenous amplificador Destroyer'

Method: KISS
FullName: Keep It Simple, Simple!
HowTo: Do not add stuff that you can do without, and still keep a very good operation!

Testing:
a) Remove 1 component
b) Check result ... by measurment and/or listen
c) If no good result: Put Back component!
d) If good Result: do not put back
e) Goto Point a) again, and repeat with next 1 component.

:cool: Sometimes, if you are VERY Lucky :cool:
you will end up with nothing but a piece of wire.
this is The Best Performer of ALLLLL.

When great audio designers, like me for example,
refer to A Piece of Wire
we simply refer to
-----> The Ultimate Ideal and best Component EVEEEEER <-----

lineup

Beautifull lineup...thank you very much..great that...i will tell my family

They will feel proud of me.

thanks a lot....you have made my day.

Sparkle..... i shown Rosalinda last year...she is more pretty than that...much more pretty than that one....but she is so innocent!

Well..for sure they are the first to watch our images when we exceed....and them they cut the image...but they watch first!

hehe...life is beautifull and people is very interesting.

Here is the treble booster to the ones apreciate some small increase ...some emphasis in treble range.

This amplifier goes deep into low end bass...and this is beautifull when "acoustically ballanced by ears".... having the spice of high end reproduction.

Yeah...the amplifier is flat!...but i am not...my home is not too...my speaker is also not flat.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• like treble boost.jpg
    like treble boost.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 17,541
sparkle said:
well, the suggestion was pointed to those things that Carlos maybe did not try to do....so....if he can do without it - suits me....he is the boss here... i know i would like to see that resistor there - but this is only me so do not bother :)
regards lineup - nice to see you contribute here......
daniel

daniel, Sparkle
your suggestion might turn out valuable here.

There may be exemplars built, that would need this.
That have some issues from Ground.
I have seen this used and recommended so many times by good audio people
that I can not refuse this suggestion.

Still, in my amplifiers, real or simulated,
I haven't, so far needed this Trick with a small value resistor.
To 'separate' power ground from signal input ground.

My thinking,
is that it depends very much of Layout of PCB and HOW actual Practical build and wiring,
... especially ground plane wiring, is made.

If we use a proper true Star Ground
we may not often need this resistor.
But practical PCB design is very difficult, without using some tracks for several grounded components
... so, sure is:
It will not hurt anything, to try adding such a 10 Ohm resistor.

good to see you back also, sparkle :)
after rain ALWAYS comes sunshine .. sooner or later
after bad days ALWAYS comes a better day .. sooner or later

lineup

Hugh Dean, from Aspen Amplifiers had offered me many secrets to be used.

He was one of the guys that helped me to create Simplício...and all amplifiers are working fine..in special this last one.

But i do not feel good using those sub circuits already used in Aksa...better to try, as i did, to produce good sonics with another schematic...this way it is mine, as no one is the thopologie owner.

Sorry Sparkle...i suggest you to increase this resistor with protective diodes too in your Dx amplifier...i hope you will construct...or you will come to sleep with Rosalinda...she will giving you all the guarantee that no mosquito will bite you.

So dedicated...so dedicated she is.

Lovely girl...but she hates women..i do not know... she do not behaves the same with girls...interesting?

This schematic is a gentle cooperation form Mr. Sparkle.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• schematic_newer01.jpg
    schematic_newer01.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 18,261
Error to be fixed..schematics posted are from Sparkle...greg is preparing schematic,

Also parts list and layout....very soon he will post..he is constructing amplifier with nephew at this moment...beautifull that.

Lineup:

Since the first sunrise of our lives we have beeing warmed by the tender touch of sunligth..and this is the biggest joy of our lives.

regards,

Carlos

Yes Ritchie..simple, fast to construct and without extra parts.

Using a big heatsink you will be happy, as i could not increase more than 41 degrees in my 29 degrées celsius environment...
the normal volume audition measured 35 degrees.

Also you can substitute the 330 ohms resistor by three diodes in series the way shown...this way you install diodes touching heatsink and the temperature increase will reduce the stand by bias for the output stage...one of the earlier Leach amplifiers used those diodes.

The purpose there is to create, over those resistor extremes a voltage of 2.5 volts or around that...and this will turn on all drivers and output transistors...increasing voltage...the output transistors will receive more bias and will conduct more....when those diodes turns hot...the voltage developed over its extremes goes down... this way you reduce your bias to output stage...this is to the ones that do not know.... i think everybody knows that..of course you know Ritchie...but i have not a "Cristal Ball" to discover the ones are doctors and the ones are beginners..also i do not use to check "who is that guy".... i use to be kind with everybody...from the garbage colector to the Post Graduated Doctor..

Here is the option...i have made that because i have imagined that people will ask exactly you have asked...so..thank you..

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• thermal stabiliser.jpg
    thermal stabiliser.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 18,650
I am cooking here today Sparkle.... confort only when i was driving because air

conditioned.... 4 showers todays...a hell hot here.

More than normal.... world temperature is changing and not so slowly as people is telling us....the reality seems to me to be worst.

In front of the beach the protection walls are beeing re-constructed.... waves are destroying and invading the buildings...sand is almost disappearing.... we had 100 meters large of sand last Carnival...one year before now....and today the sand size is not more than 8 meters when the conditions are better (no moon effects)

The amplifier is sounding very nice...i am happy with it.

Voltages are wonderfull....VBE are very interesting.... 590 mV to each output transistor.... 575mV to each driver and to input transistors.... 575 to VAS...beautifull...off set adjusted to 300 microvolts.... operating cold...no distortion during very low volume audition....no noise...no thump during power on...no need of Miller capacitor...hehe...fine

regards,

Carlos

well, this is looking fine ....

as soon as i finish my current project i think that i will try this one - i have some c5200/a1943 outputs that i can use....they are unfortunatelly fakes but i think that they might work....
Carlso - tell me please if your amp will work with fakes also - without change in schematic....??

also i think that i will use BD139 and BD140 for drivers and VAS... this might work nice...

also - i have some heatsinks to use.....well, well......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.