Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dx amplifier, now has a home page.

all stuff is there.... the final board, final schematic are there.

Those boards were ordered, Mr. Greg, another kind Aussie and myself will construct...images of those final boards, assembled, will be published in early future.

A very kind and special cooperation from our Aussie friend, Mr. Greg Erskine.

I have to thanks my beloved daugther Larissa, the one always pushed me to publish my own amplifier.

Also my thanks to Klaas, he constructed, suggested things, tried new ideas, posted his ideas and also informed the amplifier quality.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

Carlos

Attachments

• lari w2.jpg
    lari w2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 819
I am glad to invite you to visit these amplifier pages Greg made.

Now informs are complete there..all needed informs, including setup adjustments and detailed informations.

thank you in advance, your presence will be noted, counted, registered and will be a honour.

Carlos

Attachments

• dx amplifier page.jpg
    dx amplifier page.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 765
Not as sweet as your daughter, Carlos , but hopefully worth posting, is this amplifier-case, still waiting for an amplifier.
Space inside is very limited, but when Greg's pcb has been tested and approved, the DX-amplifier would fit in nicely.

It only needs some touch-ups and a front-plate, every part of it is made of scrap, only various nuts and bolts and connectors are bought.
Heatsinks are about 0,2 c/w , the case is built like a tank, using three stainless-steel rods inside to connect both heatsinks.
Even if you unbolt the top, bottom and backplate these rods keep everything firmly together.
If you would drop it off a 10-story building, it would probably only put a dent in the pavement.

Greg's website looks good, hopefully it will invite more people to build the amplifier, once the pcb has been tested.
It's sonic quality really deserves more builders.

Best regards,

Klaas

Thank you by your kind words..i feel good to know that

This is showing me that all my effort resulted good moments to many folks.

Now we have 8 boards working in Brasil

Your stereo unit, dear klaas, sounding nice in Nederlands

Nordic is cooking his boards that will sound fine, and soon

Phung from Vietnam is already listening

And more two guys constructing in secret.

Also Greg and another Aussie (secret tester) is construct too.

In Croatia there's a circuit cooking too.

Dx amplifier is going around the world.

.........................................................................................................

Dx amplifier was made small, not for accident, the idea is to allow folks to construct many channels to install inside a standard enclosure...the standard Rack mount, the 19 inches professional standards for Rack mount will hold 12 channels.

Was made cheap...and not because accident...was made cheap to fit everyone's pocket, to construct many channels paying the price of one.

Here, in this image, you can see things Universally used....this way you can see the board size.

Enjoy the Dx amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_6717.jpg
    img_6717.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 667
Black and white art work to boards production is here

But this board were not tested yet...not guaranteed...make it under your own risk.

But soon we will have it tested...this is to "you" that is asking that, using direct mailing.

Dimensions are there to reference your printing job.

Check the correct position comparing the art work with the board with parts....the one that you can see parts and copper lines shown with the board made transparent...having sure, go ahead.

Check details in this adress:

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• black and white art work.jpg
    black and white art work.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 574
Needing a negative image for your own special purposes

Here is the negative image option.

The board size is 98 milimeters by 79 milimeters.

You have informations about distance between holes, and those
distances are referenced in the center of the circle, as usual.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• black and white art work negative.jpg
    black and white art work negative.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 523
The heat sensor, those diodes that control the bias, will have to be mounted over the

heatsink...connections must be as short as possible...you can fix those diodes (1N4001) using Epoxi Glue, Epoxi cement, PVC glue or a thick thermal compound will keep diodes in place...other glue may be used to keep board in place.

Use the smaller distance possible to travel wires from the board to the circuit.

Of course you can use insulated copper wires, those thick and not too much flexible motor coil wires...those ones that use heat resistant insulating varnish...these wires will be able to maintain the board in the needed position without the use of glue.

Observe that there are marks A and B.....from those points you must run wires that will be soldered in points "A" and "B", those ones shown in the board.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• thermal sensor.jpg
    thermal sensor.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 476
Take a look at the board...it was cutted related sides and top

And this was made to offer you a bigger usefull image...this way components are easier to be observed.

You may find letters A and B in this image.

Those ones are to the remote bias termal control board.

The mark C will be a reference for the ones that will construct
VBE multiplier sub board.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• board and parts.jpg
    board and parts.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 777
Here is the Bill of Material

Device Qty Value Notes
C1 1 2u2F MKT Polyester
C2, C4, C7, C8, C11, C13, C15, C17, C18 9 100nF MKT Polyester
C3, C6, C12 3 47uF/50V Electrolytic
C5 1 220pF NPO Ceramic
C9, C14 1 22pF/27pF NPO Ceramic / Silver Mica
C10 1 220uF/16V Electrolytic
C16, C19 2 220uF/50V Electrolytic
Resistors

Device Qty Value Notes
R1 1 10 Ground lift
R2, R6, R10 3 2k2
R3, R11 2 39k
R4, R8 2 100
R5 1 1k
R7 1 4k7
R9 1 820
R12 1 2k2 1 watt
R13 1 2k7 1 watt
R14 1 330
R15, R18 2 82
R16, R17 2 33
R19 1 120
R20, R21 2 4R7
R22 1 10 1 watt
R23 1 10
VR1 1 10K
VR2 1 100
Note: All resistors are standard metal film 250mW except were noted.
Miscellaneous

Device Qty Value Notes
L1 1 27 turns of 0.6mm enamelled copper wire is wound around R23 forming the output coil.

We provide, in the board design, the use of connection posts.

Well...this was done because of old tradition.

You do not need to do this way....just solder and run your wires under the board...the result will be much more elegant, and you will not polute the boards beauty.

Also those wires can run in groups under the heatsink.... supply rail cables ..... output wires ...and input wires.

Of course...those decisions depends on you..... because of that, posts were included to produce an option to old styled folks.

regards,

Carlos

ya, and will you buy me the other two transformers?

deceptive, is the word, nothing was as simple as it seemed, oh the spades arrived from RS, and I think the 100nf caps for the other channel, too tired and hands too sore to open it now.... will leave it to chear me up in the morning, I'm going to feel like poop.

The new trannies will pitch up on monday if all goes well...

I'm sorry to hear about the transformer-f***-up Nordic.
Don't you have anything else lying around you can try ?

How is your case coming along ? I'm very curious about your progress. Looking at a gainclone you made earllier, you must be very good at woodworking :)

nordicsgainclone.jpg

Best regards,

Klaas

Despite of "bad fluids"..negative energy.... damn envy or anything else.

You are a good constructor.... a nice builder...the one loves to make nice things..using natural wood...handcraft work.

I will not give you those transformers...also will not pay those ones to you....because you are not near me...... if you were, you would have them fast and for free...and in advance related our days...you would never buy transformers if i had them, and living near you.

To send to Africa...will cost a fortune....not an intelligent movement..will cost twice the transformer for the standard mail price and more the cost of it's weigth....Brazilian mail service, not a Government company, is one of the most expensive world mails...but service is precise and fast....ahahah..nothing enter without tax beeing paid..and nothing goes out too.

Do not even try to be rude with your Uncle Charlie, or i will show my tongue ( or tounge) to you.

Explanation about the image:

To show a tongue to someone, means in my culture, a children behavior that is saying that dislike the other one behavior.... a disagreement related something said...may mean, to that one that show the tongue, that he is not bothering about the intention people had to disturb his internal peace.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• tounge.gif
    tounge.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 575
Ahahaha...world is very different Mapumalanga .

In Japan, 1981 i was scratching my face...my beard...and womens laughing all time long...... Sony people silent and serious watching me.

That was invitation to go to bed..... my finger was up scratching ...and i used to do that...ahahahaha.

I think the board will not create problems...and that test will delay as board was just ordered...be patient or go ahead.

Dx Corporation, by the Marketing Group thanks you very much by your preference in our products...ahahahaha...no Dx Corporation exists for a while...but wait and you will see!

Soon will be playing in Mapulanga...if drums will be better...as Brazilian music is percursive as we have African Heritage too...and Dx amplifier loves drums (to kill speakers too!)

Brazilian came from Indians, Negros from Sudan and from Angola, Portuguese people (ahahaha..church fathers) and pirates from France, Spain, England and Holland.

You can see the mother of my Grandfather.... the first mix result, a more clear result from Portuguese, Indian, Holland and Negro from Sudan (slave...and was a king there).

We have our feet and legs encraved deep into African Lands and feelings.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.jpg
    imagem.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 529
Status
Not open for further replies.