Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 97 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2007, 11:45 AM   #961
diyAudio Member

Default The super hiper very important coil is here.

I could perceive something in treble range...also bass looks better...maybe my imagination....i am not those unobtanium RCA plugs chromium finishment believer..sorry.

There are two.... one each rail..yes i know i could have used only one.

The coil was not shown by the picture, because too ugly..coiled over a ferrite core.

The resistance i have used in the schematic is a 5 watts unit, those rectangular white ones....you can increase your turns number, but check if resistance is lower than 0.1 ohms

* Unobtanium, unexistenium,phoolingU is from Audiophool thread opened by stormy fellow Mikeks....thread moved...he is terrible!...but i like him very much..he is not bad..has good heart.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_6857.jpg (47.8 KB, 484 views)
Old 21st April 2007, 12:08 PM   #962
diyAudio Member

Default I think it is fine...mine was not calculated, not designed.

I have copied informations from many guys....joined together resulted this one published.

People have told me those fast recovery diodes are very good.

Thank you Ostry.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif ostry suggested supply.gif (62.4 KB, 529 views)
Old 21st April 2007, 01:05 PM   #963
ostry is offline ostry  Poland
diyAudio Member

You welcome Mr Carlos

it's a real pleasure for me to help, even in 0,01%
Old 21st April 2007, 01:16 PM   #964
diyAudio Member

Default Excelent number.... if distortion is fine

Thank you...cooperation is always good, to know friends that are hitting forum counter is also nice.

And you have already visited....returne because have apreciated the place....welcome to you.

find a chair or a place into the sofa, make yourself confortable, this place is yours.

The supply filtering is very important to the quality...but i think related the power is a little bit less important..beeing the transformer power more important...my transformer, for instance, can loose 4 volts when i need current..voltage goes to 33 when the amplifier is having 6 amperes of consumption...not very good.

That transformer was "saved" from a Panasonic System..and that one was not very powerfull....maximum 50 watts each channel... so..things makes sense.

regards,

Carlos
Old 21st April 2007, 03:18 PM   #965
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Lol, oh well still enough to blow some speakers... ever put a thin wire between a 9v battery's terminals?

Had a real good day, wife went to the mall with a friend.
And I went to the fleamarket, had a ball.

One guy had a scratch patch of old tools and bits like hole taps, manual drils, files you name it, tonnes of hand tools for 1R each. thats about a tenth of a dollar in the real world...was realy oily and messy... oh what fun... got some small spanners, a very nice figure saw for metal... not the flimsy crap you get everywhere... a small component rack with 8 drawers for $2, some countersink drill bits to sink screw heads in wood... 1R each etc...

Then I came home and played with Greg's assignment of the power bar switcher... not done, but makeing good progress on the layout side... then I have to teach myself to programme again, hope to get that done tommorrow, as I also have a big job assignment this week....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greg.jpg (23.4 KB, 503 views)
Old 21st April 2007, 03:56 PM   #966
diyAudio Member

Something else I played around with... an output powered, power level indicator....

It lights up as follows

8 ohm load 2W, 5W, 10W, 20W, 40W, 80W
4 ohm load 4W , 10W, 20W, 40W, 80W, 160W

http://www.redcircuits.com/Page102.htm
Attached Images
File Type: gif ledpowerbar.gif (27.7 KB, 495 views)
Old 21st April 2007, 08:33 PM   #967
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
One guy had a scratch patch of old tools and bits like hole taps, manual drils, files you name it, tonnes of hand tools for 1R each. thats about a tenth of a dollar in the real world...was realy oily and messy... oh what fun... got some small spanners, a very nice figure saw for metal... not the flimsy crap you get everywhere... a small component rack with 8 drawers for $2, some countersink drill bits to sink screw heads in wood... 1R each etc...

Then I came home and played with Greg's assignment of the power bar switcher... not done, but makeing good progress on the layout side... then I have to teach myself to programme again, hope to get that done tommorrow, as I also have a big job assignment this week....
Hi Nordic,

Sounds like you scored some good stuff.

Excellent work on the power bar switcher. I've been thinking about it for years and you go and do half of it in a day. Are you trying to show me up?

Well, I'd better go and build the case for my DX Amplifier.

regards
Old 21st April 2007, 09:20 PM   #968
diyAudio Member

Lol Greg, new brooms and all that, but in all seriousness, it is a handy project...

I have now finished the PCB layout... allthough I'm toying with the Idea of seperating the relay board from the controler board... which causes as much trouble as is it saves.... probably won't... but I might add limiting fuses still...

Also In concept it has 4 buttons,
1 start/stop sequence

2,3,4 for each relay

Program concept... (programme erased when standby mode interupted - will deault to default programmed seconds then)
All 4 buttons in activates programe mode
LEDS flashes then LED for relay one and two lights. At which point, you use buttons 2-4 to select delay from 10 to 30 seconds... LEDs flash, LED 2 and 3 light up, followed by previous programmeing sequence.

button one - power on function
red led lights and relay 1 on, delay, orange LED and relay 2 on, delay, green LED and relay 3 on.

Button one - power off function
Reverse sequence above + flashing standby, untll all off then, solid standby LED

Button 2 - 4 to switch off individual relay...
Attached Images
File Type: gif gregboard2.gif (35.7 KB, 442 views)
Old 21st April 2007, 11:14 PM   #969
diyAudio Member

Default Dx amplifier home page is beeing updated daily.

Please, give us the honor of your visit once more.

Now we have the power supply and the supply parts list too.

Home page is turning better.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

regards,

Carlos
Old 22nd April 2007, 12:02 AM   #970
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carlos, Greg and others involved,

Great project, very well engineered, beautiful website, good vibrations and a lot of good, free advice to amp enthusiasts!

Be careful - your back up service will soon be better than mine and you will not be able to sleep!

Like the power supply....

Cheers,

Hugh

Hide this!Advertise here!