Attachments

• really.jpg
    really.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 441
Were's Nordic with his happy amp.

Now using new, and big, transformers.

regards,

Carlos

........................................................................................................

Macd also disappeared.

Maybe some problems with wiring.... this happens.

Greg is testing diodes into his amplifier..... and them he will check the VBE boards.

Well... about those folks, we gonna see the next exciting chapter.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• wilson happy.jpg
    wilson happy.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 391
Nice SandyK...thank you...hehe...very nice.

Dear Nordic.

I hope your healing will happens soon.

I am missing you here, in this forum thread...you are important here.

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

I love those young folks Sandy...they use to make me smile.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• youngbusinessmanoftheyefn6.jpg
    youngbusinessmanoftheyefn6.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 361
Yes in deed the fingers do...

But, I can hear the transformers when too close, so They will need seperate shielded box.

It is only very soft, and only audiable in pauses... but I prefer to not have any transformer induced hum

Was big fun wakeing up this speaker tonight with DX... my chipamp is to weak in the pants to drive this one

http://www.trygve.com/analogresearch.jpg
nice pic of a model one

http://www.qln.se/index2.php3?page=history&submenu=company
some history... crossover patented in 1978, Qln Model One is presented at CES in Chicago in 1981.

8ohm 100W sealed box, extremely heavy, almost need someone to help carry them... (I'm a bit weak though)

HHAHAHA didn't know my wife had Black Sabbath on the ipod, hmmm great fun!

Attachments

• forcharly.jpg
    forcharly.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 389
Destroyer X Amplifier

For what it is worth, my Silicon Chip designed Class A amplifier needed to use a separate transformer due to hum induction from the toroidal transformer. This was stipulated by Silicon Chip. Later on, I built 3 Class A modules and their PSU boards , as well as a SHIELDED toroidal transformer in the same box for surround sound. No hum ! The new Silicon Chip Class A design uses a shielded toroidal transformer to overcome the original problem. The additional cost of a shielded toroidal transformer instead of a normal transformer, should be a lot less than using an extra box,as well as simplifying things?
Sorry to butt in again , I hope we are not at cross purposes ?

SandyK

Destroyer X Amplifier

Nordic
I sympathise with you. Transformers like the one you will need are so heavy, that the freight is usually more than the cost of the actual transformer. I am spoiled, in that Harbuch Electronics, which custom winds toroidal transformers, as well as those with electrostatic shields, is 2 minutes drive away for me. They also stock the Antrim range of transformers. I can get a far better quality transformer than the cheap Asian imports that are sold by the major retailers here, usually at a similar price, or lower.

It must be very frustrating waiting for weeks to get the last components needed to finish a project.
SandyK

Nice images.... interesting speaker Nordic

Steel plates...1 to 2 mm thick can block the hum to enter your amplifier.....not aluminium....use steel...and check if you can see oxide on it, as stainless do not work fine.

When you tell me about heavy things...heavy speakers or something alike, i remember a joke made to a friend that always gave enormous value to heavy things.

Other friends sold him an equipment with a big stone inside...ahahahahah.

Was funny, we laugh till we had pains in the stomach.

- "Wanna heavy Pedro?..... so..... be happy with this one!"

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.