Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 686 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2011, 07:21 AM   #6851
diyAudio Member

Default Another option is to buy Chinese pirate copies.... they are just unavoidable

from time to time appear one or two selling.... well... the amplifier is really very good.

Interesting is their price..unbeatable!... we just cannot run group buys because of them...we cannot have 14 bucks for a single board when they offer this small price including components.

So, actually, despite i dislike a lot non authorized copies...i do think if i had money to apply on that i would buy 100 and offer them to our communitty for a very little price.... so..... cooperating with our community instead to go behaving selfish and thinking only in my own bad feelings about the stuff.

Thinking more about the stuff...i am not the circuit owner...no one owns the technology..this came to us from books, teachers, papers and history....it belongs to mankind development... so...my feeling about are selfish, and their lack of decense can be substituted be "a service to the audiophile community" as they are offering a very good amplifier..by a awesome price we cannot match.

I am stopping to trow stones on them...i do think you should buy...because it is a bargain to all of you...and this so nice bargain uncle charlie is unable to provide you.

Ebay has this guy..... 14 bucks.... with parts.... almost unbeliavable.

To the ones are addicted to think about conspiracies...i am not this one...i am not seeling boards or assembled amplifiers;

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Chinese pirate boards.jpg (36.4 KB, 342 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 15th August 2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:34 AM   #6852
diyAudio Member

welcome uncle Charly to "another" part of the game ...

Dont be surprized of the ebay prize ...i find it very reasonable this guy only had to copy a pcb and put together a BOM ... nothing else ...

All the rest needed for the project you ve done your shelf through the efforts of all these years....

Now in real life ...sound history prooved many many many times that the true master minds of sound never managed with the rest of the "company " ...

Look at Bob ....for example a pioneer and a mastermind of sound .... but big screwup when it comes to bussines ...

be happy uncle ... keep working for us !!!! i bet it makes your life happy and our ears happier !!!!

best regards sakis
Old 15th August 2011, 09:31 AM   #6853
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
from time to time appear one or two selling.... well... the amplifier is really very good.

Interesting is their price..unbeatable!... we just cannot run group buys because of them...we cannot have 14 bucks for a single board when they offer this small price including components.

regards,

Carlos
Hello Carlos

At this low price those pirates could use cheap or fake transistors and really cheap chineese capacitors for the pirated DX... I would be carefull and do lot of tests on the parts they included.

But for myself I would not like to support any of those pirates.

At least they value your amps since they copy them, but I doubt that they understand enough about amps to design by themself a good amp.

Bye

Gaétan

Last edited by gaetan8888; 15th August 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:44 AM   #6854
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

What kind of service backup and customer support can these China based fakers offer to their customers?
Old 15th August 2011, 09:51 AM   #6855
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
What kind of service backup and customer support can these China based fakers offer to their customers?
Hello Andrew

I don't think that they give any kind of service backup and customer support, their price are so low that they have a small profit margin and no money for backup and support.

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited by gaetan8888; 15th August 2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:52 AM   #6856
diyAudio Member

none ...Andrew .... and to be correct i dont think that any other company non China based will also provide costumer support for a DIy thingy that costs 14 usd ..
Old 15th August 2011, 10:04 AM   #6857
diyAudio Member

Let's suppose 1 million of the various DX fakes are sold around the world. Let's further assume that 1% of these have a problem and with no service manual and no build manual and no schematic and no customer service department.

Where do the 10,000 solution seekers come for help? Half of them with any sense will end up here. Do we want to provide the customer support for 5000 cheapskates who have gone blinkered and bought fakes? I would actively discourage this and have said so in some of my previous posts. If DIYaudio supports these fake purchasers, we Members are in effect supporting the fakers. I don't think we as members should be doing that. I don't think that anyone in DIYaudio should be recommending that fakers are a suitable source of DIYaudio equipment. We should be doing the opposite.

Should we consider asking that the Forum rules be changed to actually prevent us offering technical support for any faked audio equipment?

Time to find out which camp you want to be a Member of.

Last edited by AndrewT; 15th August 2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 15th August 2011, 10:48 AM   #6858
kvholio is offline kvholio  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I agree with Andrew, a smart salesman might actually simply point at this thread and say "all the info is there".
He's making a profit from the added value this forum provides.
Old 15th August 2011, 11:00 AM   #6859
diyAudio Member

I genuinely fear the day when all our schools teach compulsory Chinese language and writing skills.
Why should that ever be necessary? Because all production will be far east based and effectively the World has become a Chinese Commonwealth.

Hopefully not while I am alive, but if we allow things to keep going the way we have seen over the last few decades, then it will be inevitable.
Old 15th August 2011, 11:39 AM   #6860
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

please try to avoid a political debate

moderation

Hide this!Advertise here!