Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 671 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2010, 04:58 PM   #6701
diyAudio Member

Default I will post the schematic once more, because there are thousands of newbies in our

forum...new members is a more correct definition for them...and some of them are re-discovering this schematic, when we have explored this one deeply...not only me but more 10 guys have done that.

So...why to do it again when 10 guys have made and those schematics are tested and ready to go.....maybe they want to exercise..... well, this is up to them.

To the ones does not know this "generic" amplifier was posted in this forum several years ago and around 100 boards where built.... then i will attach the schematic once more..it is smaller than 25K, a GIF image.

Prior to post questions, i suggest folks to visit these pages:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/ i think several questions were already answered there, and some couple of hundred others questions were answered in this same thread..... i cannot ask anymore people to read the entire thread..it is too much big..so, you will have the most needed informations in Greg Erskine pages.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif Dx Amplifier schematic.gif (22.5 KB, 480 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 23rd March 2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 25th March 2010, 03:41 AM   #6702
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Was just thinking, from your descibtion of its sound, maybe DX could be worth a try fore those who have smaller 2ways
And maybe it would play well with fullrange drivers too

Had these pair of nice output boards fore some years
Each with 4 pair 21193/94
I will try to place the DX driver stage on top of them, with standmounts directly on heatsinks
I have a pair of 36V trafos, and heatsinks
Found some nice cheap supply caps
Shouldnt cost much to do it
Might be time to do something about it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJL21193 MJL21194 boards.jpg (35.1 KB, 430 views)
Old 25th March 2010, 02:03 PM   #6703
norazmi is offline norazmi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Uncle Carlos,

Its long time no see, i was busy working here, your amp DX amp is still rockin, clear and clean sounds love it, idk if im missing something here. Gezzz really miss this thread.

Regards.
Old 25th March 2010, 02:11 PM   #6704
diyAudio Member

Default I'm busy too...never mind.....i am producing the Fokker

And that one seems to me will be perfect for you...as will produce lots of undistorted power....200 watts without troubles...and may face 2 ohms loads....this one will make the speaker box to be moving together the punch....i was inspired by the thunderstorm i had in front of my home...i want to re create that sound once again

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 25th March 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 25th March 2010, 02:36 PM   #6705
norazmi is offline norazmi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
And that one seems to me will be perfect for you...as will produce lots of undistorted power....200 watts without troubles...and may face 2 ohms loads....this one will make the speaker box to be moving together the punch....i was inspired by the thunderstorm i had in front of my home...i want to re create that sound once again

regards,

Carlos
OMG.. ill follow it. Tell me when its ready i would to give it try with this. running on 2ohms is crazy amp and like you said, "This will make the speaker box to moving together with the punch" like dance with the songs. Dx amp is flexible, btw uncle... last time my friend playing really loud with my dx amp at home, supply rails is about 50+- and the power supply is really hot at that time, while the power amp is normal no, never and ever over heating at all. Im using my last design along with your guide with 4 transistor at output each channel and total is 8 transistor for stereo. Im worried if my power supply is not enough for this Dx Amp. Need to change it soon with more bigger Ampere power supply... :P

Regards,
Azmi
Old 25th March 2010, 02:43 PM   #6706
diyAudio Member

Default Yes, power depends how much energy the transformer can provide

Amplifier cannot make miracles.... the output power depends on the transformer power.... you should increase your power supply power substituting your transformer by another one with a little bit bigger voltage output and much more current.... a bigger transformer in another words, as transformer size matters.

reparing speakers....you can see that would not result fine..when she flipped the speaker, when hitted the table you could listen the noise the coil made touching the magnetic iron core..or worse, the magnet loosen related the frontal chassis.... glued using Epoxi, the coil is attached to the diafragm and the centering spider using that kind of glue...other glues applied are contact glue..used to leather, to produce shoes...the one you use in both faces to be glued, then you wait it dry and then you attach one against the other.

http://www.youtube.com/v/JVYBnxvmTlo...olor2=0xcd311b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVYBn...ayer_embedded#

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 25th March 2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 25th March 2010, 03:08 PM   #6707

Impressive lady
And she never gets any glue on her fingers
Though I fail to see how she alligns the voice coil properly
Old 25th March 2010, 05:26 PM   #6708

Oh, I see now she does place allignment inside the voice coil before mounting, and she will remove it once the dustcap is mounted
She is just faster than my eye

If only she had cut a small bit of those foam pieces, instead of that much fighting
Old 25th March 2010, 05:49 PM   #6709
diyAudio Member

Default Yes..she had centered using a gap filled material..was removed

But listen the noise when she hitted the speaker against the table...the noise is not normal....it is like metal hitting metal.

regards,

Carlos
Old 31st March 2010, 03:16 AM   #6710
diyAudio Member

Default VR3 Vbias

I decided to try and build a DX amplifier. I purchased a kit online and began cross referencing between Greg's website and the online instructions for the kit provided by the gentleman who sold me the kit. There is a difference in the way the vbias is carried out. I don't wish to offend him or anyone here, all i want to know is if the online method will give me the desired results; wich are a working amp that will not overheat. I've attached some pics and a web address to the online instructions. Help will be greatly appreciated. ** DX-Amp **
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dxampinstruction2.jpg (294.3 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg dxampinstruction3.jpg (266.9 KB, 299 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!