Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 665 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2010, 11:48 AM   #6641
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatmonk View Post
To be honest I haven't done much analog electronics in a while, I was originally hoping for an easy buy-parts-and-stick-them-together project but reading more of this thread I actually want to understand what's going on. I got my electronic devices textbook back out last night, I just need to find the time between finishing my masters and having a bit of a social life. This could take a bit longer than I expected, but I learn fast and I love to learn...

I'll see what I can do using my books and this thread. I will come back when I understand the circuit better.

Regards,

Ben
download the Leach paper describing the operation and design of the lo tim.
Similarly the Pass and Self sites give a lot of good design information with levels of understanding from beginners to intermediate.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:24 PM   #6642
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
download the Leach paper describing the operation and design of the lo tim.
Similarly the Pass and Self sites give a lot of good design information with levels of understanding from beginners to intermediate.
Good advice. I also found Paul Cambie's paper on the ETI480 very good. Like Prof Leach Paul has taken the time to decribe an amplifier from beginning to end.

Index of /~cambie/ETI480

regards
Old 16th February 2010, 04:49 PM   #6643
diyAudio Member

Hi guys, I have a good doubt here ..
I saw the original DX circuit is simple, even to modify for more power ..

And now I'm trying to mount amplifiers for professional use .. and then I wonder, with good cooling, a good source and some fuses (to protect against short), he would make a good amplifier, holding hours playing at most ...

Since now, thanks

-------------------------------
Because I am of Brazil, and I am using the google translator, and copied the wrong window rsrsrsrs, sorry

Last edited by Rafael S. M.; 16th February 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 16th February 2010, 04:57 PM   #6644
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Rafael
Please post in English.

Thank you
Old 16th February 2010, 08:03 PM   #6645
diyAudio Member

Default Goto DHR Turbo thread Rafael, all you may need about informations are there

This is the DHR.... Dx High Resolution Turbo

schematics, boards and all you may need are here, all Dx amplifiers are here:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

Use the google translator, read the entire thread in advance to build, several has built doing that, only reading the thread, and they succeed doing...so, there's you have all you may need...if not enougth, then you should be reading all forum for some monthes to acquire more skills.

Many friends have constructed, the only question they have sent me was about the substitution of diodes by transistor junctions, and i hope this was also clarified in the thread too.

I have openned these threads, dear Rafael, to save my time and to avoid to be repeating all stuff to each one of new friends that arrive here...so, before reading, then apply questions, read!

Good luck and be happy.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Sorry folks to be so direct and cold, my people use to land in threads alike parachuters, some of them, sadly does not understand english, and they come to the last page and ask for special attenttion, without read the previous pages...in other words, some of them ask me to repeat everything already commented, once again, and in portuguese.... i have made that several times.... do you know what happened several times?... they have build anything, just spent my time...so, i know them very well..they are inside my blood and mind.

Last edited by destroyer X; 16th February 2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 19th February 2010, 03:54 PM   #6646
Sachiru is offline Sachiru  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi.

I am an electronics engineering student, and I've been intrigued by your design. I have a project to build an amplifier using discrete solid-state components, minimum output 50w rms, and I'd really really like to build this amp.

My question is: since I'm a relative newbie to creating circuits (having soldered components to a PCB only around 5x in my entire life), is this project too complicated for me to build in time for submission? My project's deadline is around a month from now.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:06 PM   #6647
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have some images that may help you to decide

and also to allow you to make a self evaluation if you can do it or not.

The site with schematics and more details:

Greg's Web Site

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parts position.jpg (230.4 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg vbe multiplier connection.jpg (205.4 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg Board jumpers.jpg (206.1 KB, 251 views)
Old 19th February 2010, 10:56 PM   #6648
diyAudio Member

Default The transistor position is different when you use BC557 and 2N5401

the image is showing BC557.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Transistor position.jpg (121.6 KB, 241 views)
Old 20th February 2010, 12:54 AM   #6649
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Yeah, Im still fooling around, messing with your Dx
Maybe I will send you boards some day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OUTLAW No 26x.JPG (41.0 KB, 216 views)
Old 20th February 2010, 01:05 AM   #6650
diyAudio Member

Default Good idea?.. wanna by adress?

Good...this one is nice..the other , the horse shoe, was not.

But cannot send more than a board, a single board, without parts, or customs will block..also have to write what is inside and say cost if 5 USD... so, " home made circuit board without components and value 5 USD."

If a transistor goes together..then they will say this is non legal importation, will ask me 50 bucks of taxation. They did that several years ago, was Klaas Veenstra boards, send as gift, having two Sankens transistors inside the package,

Then customs call me to go to their office...i dennied to go..then they wait one year and sent me by mail and without taxation....bureaucracy!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 20th February 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!