Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 661 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2010, 09:22 PM   #6601
diyAudio Member

Default Well Lycanlk, the bridge mode was a method used mainly for marketing purposes

it is a little bit nonsense, it forces a lot our ear tollerance, produces enormous power but the quality use to be very low, audio quality, sonic qualities.

It uses, as you know, upper amplifier to work having direct signal entering, the other amplifier uses a phase inverter, a single stage, a gain one transistor to invert phase, then these amplifiers will work in push pull.... the ground is not used to connect speakers, the amplifiers goes floating and having the positive output posts connected to the speaker terminals... a really strange arrange.

Distortion is added, each amplifier channel will contribute to the double mess resultant, it is hard to make two amplifiers with same gain, with same speed and same characteristics, then we put those different things to work together... i really think this is an awfull solution that was good for factories, for marketing purposes, they could sell amplifiers offering enormous power (and small quality), this made them able to increase price, or to have advantages when compared to the competition if they keep the average price, so, offering more, bigger dirty sonics.

Sounds not fine,at least i have never listened a single one good, and i had an Audio Professional Studio to check this and i have produced several experiences, sound is usually a pain in the ,,,,,. Well, alike everything in audio, there are controversies about.

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 11th January 2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12th January 2010, 03:54 PM   #6602
diyAudio Member

Default UNSTABILITY found!, when clipping, 10 kilohertz, almost full power

them, if you have this observing at your scope (because board maybe) install a 470pf capacitor from the VBE multiplier emitter to ground.

Attention, this capacitor will face full VAS swing, and the insulation voltage for this one must be rail to rail voltage, in the case of the Dx standard, rail to rail is around 70 volts, so, install 100 volts capacitor there.

It is a good idea to install, having or not troubles, as this is not creating sonics problems, and if i found this in two amplifier, them you may have this too.

this makes distortion dirty, more ugly, more noisy, so, good idea to install the capacitor..watch the insulation there, not to produce short.

regards,

Carlos
Old 12th January 2010, 06:21 PM   #6603
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
Attention, this capacitor will face full VAS swing, and the insulation voltage for this one must be rail to rail voltage, in the case of the Dx standard, rail to rail is around 70 volts, so, install 100 volts capacitor there.

A 50V rated capacitor is enough. It will never see rail-t-rail voltage.

Anyway of course a 100V rated capacitor won't hurt
Old 12th January 2010, 07:59 PM   #6604
diyAudio Member

Default You install 50V capacitor in your board Aldotin

It will not hurt as you said.
Old 13th January 2010, 01:52 PM   #6605
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
When higher power is required, full bridge topology becomes superior in many aspects. For example, PSRR is much better, slew rate is doubled, and lower voltage transistors perform better.

Since we are working with inverting and non-inverting inputs on each amplifier, no signal polarity change is required.

All my high power class D stuff is full bridge (in class D it has other advantages too, like no supply pumping, or EMI cancellation).

We tend to procect ourselves from feeling dumb by regarding as bad all the things that we never managed to understand or use successfully... (another example: MOSFET)

BTW: That 470pF capacitor on the Vbe multiplier may dragrade THD somewhat.

Last edited by Eva; 13th January 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 13th January 2010, 02:45 PM   #6606
diyAudio Member

Default What about to cook a Dx Pizza today dear Eva

sometimes is good to forget transistors for a while.

I have nice wine here too.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Go to cook Eva!.jpg (576.6 KB, 310 views)
Old 13th January 2010, 02:59 PM   #6607
diyAudio Member

Default Low PSSR electronic pizza (the oven), Dx Corporation patented deligth

A genuine, home made, DIY super rounded pizza using chemical growth paste... a genuine plug and play pizza, you prepare and goes direct to the oven.

The Dx Corporation crew members, that also loves to cook, just tell me and i will mail instructions to produce the delicious pizza.

Celebrating today, 300 amplifier built in the International communitty.

Try to imagine if i had good PSSR knowledge, it would be 3000!

I am creating Dx Corporation switching power supply, developed since the first resistance, by myself and without pssr assistance.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corporation low PSSR electronic pizza.jpg (150.1 KB, 253 views)
Old 13th January 2010, 06:54 PM   #6608
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
When I want to forget about transistors I just go out... Sometimes I make good friends and I disappear for 3-4 days, during this summer I even managed to go out for one weekend and disappear for 4 whole weeks hehehe

When I want to forget about people I put some transistors, ICs or speakers together Sometimes I expend whole weeks without going out...

My brother is working for a foreign company too, and earning far more money than me, and he says that I enjoy life far more than him

Bon apetit
Old 13th January 2010, 07:02 PM   #6609
diyAudio Member

Default Yes, i understand, i use to do almost the same.

regards,

Carlos
Old 13th January 2010, 07:14 PM   #6610
diyAudio Member

"Prost" - as we say in Germany.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Hide this!Advertise here!