Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 658 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2009, 05:26 PM   #6571
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
pcb ?
Old 5th December 2009, 05:31 PM   #6572
diyAudio Member

Default No pcb for this amplifier, basically it is the Dx amplifier with more output

transistors, so the Dx Amplifier board will fit to place the first output pair, the other must be done using home made board or point ot point wiring.

Some values may change, but is a matter of substitute those ones, to cut a trace to include the extra diode (positive rail), or not to include the one, also the ouput emitter is a matter to cut a trace under the board and the output coils is placed hidden under the board too.

A real Do it youself, nothing as kit form to this project, because it is a variation of the old and good Dx amplifier that you have into Greg pages.

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

You do not talk too much dear Black, if i decide to behave the same (alike old telegraphy, not wasting too much words because costs) will be confused, a deaf and a mute conversation.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 5th December 2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 5th December 2009, 05:41 PM   #6573
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
Thanks a lot go and 5200? transistors end end wait
Old 5th December 2009, 05:58 PM   #6574
diyAudio Member

Default Rcvd.

tks

gone!
Old 5th December 2009, 07:25 PM   #6575
diyAudio Member

Hi Carlos!
It seems like you did some wonders during the last 2 years.
You are giving a glamorous revival to the traditional circuit concepts.
That's really nice!
Old 5th December 2009, 08:23 PM   #6576
diyAudio Member

Default Yep Chocoholic, tradition is good.

And tell me something about you... already in China?

regards,

Carlos
Old 5th December 2009, 08:59 PM   #6577
diyAudio Member

...was in China for more than 2 years. But I am back home again.
And now? Working to hard, gaining weight... and if I find time, then I am designing on my new class D.
Just a few days ago I published one functional block of that project - the speaker relay with MosFets. But I am obviously the one & only nerd here, who wants to substitute the mechanical relays.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:08 PM   #6578
diyAudio Member

Default I am glad you are back home again.

I was astonished to see people had not too much interest for your circuit.

regards,

Carlos
Old 9th December 2009, 09:39 PM   #6579
diyAudio Member

Default People, here in Brasil, are buiding the Dx amplifier

YouTube - DX Amplifier Standard

This one built a long time ago, i have not published because the audio recorded quality is not fine...but i change my mind....well, depending the recording quality, the master quality, or the speaker quality, all amplifiers can reproduce a not so good sound too..of course they can.

regards,

Carlos
Old 13th December 2009, 09:07 AM   #6580
diyAudio Member

Default Dx amplifier, to the next year of 2010 will be a green amplifier

It is not not only a good sounding amplifier, not only reliable and guaranteed,

It also saves energy...iddle power consumption is 2.4 watts with the meter lamp off.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. .................................................. .............

DIY Dx enclosure, made using MDF cutted in rectangular pieces and glues one over the other, in layers, was used nails and white glue (school glue, student latex glue), have receive sealant to make the mdf waterproof, and them painted using a mix of plaster, latex wall paint (ink) and colour pigments... the paint material looks alike tooth paste, high density material, and them while painting and waiting the material to dry, use a brush, hit with a brush to produce that finishment you see...looks organic, this way you may keep small errors, misalignment, hidden to the eyes..brigh finishment shows all imperfections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsdsds 403.jpg (158.3 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg dsdsds 404.jpg (159.0 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 13th December 2009 at 09:13 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!