Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 649 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2009, 07:27 PM   #6481
diyAudio Member

Default Not a easy answer...search for Precision 1 thread and read

there are charts there..depends supply, depends speaker impedance....power is a lot...much more than 100 clean watts into 8 ohms...more than 200 into 4 ohms and more than 400 into 2 ohms.

I do not remember...the thread is there to register those things, to keep us rid to maintain everything into our memory.

regards,

Carlos
Old 22nd October 2009, 07:22 AM   #6482
taj is offline taj
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
The beer picture!...who will watch the beer glasses?
Those certainly are large jugs. Are they all like that in Germany? It would only take 2 of those to knock me off my feet.

..tj

Last edited by taj; 22nd October 2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:20 PM   #6483
diyAudio Member

Default Hello dear Taj...morality comes from religion to control the society

without rules we will never know the one is the father.

regards,

Carlos
Old 26th October 2009, 11:25 PM   #6484
diyAudio Member

Default Rudi is producing a Dx Amplifier...at the moment, the supply is beeing planed

And i am working hard installing Windows 7.... troubles with audio drivers to my Asus mother board (KV8-MX, chip AD1888, soundmax).

Be happy folks...i am trying..but Windows is asking that..and a lot of other things..also asking if i am sure....and asking if i can be happy or not.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (925.8 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (33.5 KB, 282 views)
Old 27th October 2009, 06:22 AM   #6485
lycanlk is offline lycanlk  Sri Lanka
diyAudio Member

Default Windows 7 is better than vista of cause...

Dear carlos,

After windows XP, I've never seen a very reliable Operating system like windows 7. I'm using windows 7 build 7100 (candidate release) since the day they release. So far no major issues and it had all the drivers for my notebook (toshiba L200) which i got 2 years back. Try vista drivers for windows 7 it might work well for windows 7 as well.

And..

I never knew DX is such a good amp. I built it and powered.. you all have done a great job.. it produces sounds very balance to ear, no doubt why Dx rocks. My meters do not support millivolt range (minimum is 10 DCV). im gonna buy a new good one recently. until then I could able to adjust it by touching the heat sink and by giving a small input signal.. it works fine no much heat with 4 ohms load and no clipping no noise and no distortions.

I have a problem that my input sources are changing and they are not stable always. further my input audio signals are not balance always since I used to listen various sounds music, songs, sound effects etc from my notebook and the USB reader. when I play by my notebook, sounds so good. but my USB reader doesnt produce good bass as my notebook. So I'm thinking of a preamp which to adjust bass, tone and treble with left-right balance. I'm looking for a good project in DIY forums but still I couldn't find a good project like Dx. Can anybody help me with this?

And..
Dx further rocks with SRS WOW sound effect (SRS Labs) on windows media player. If someone knows a project to produce sound effects like that, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: png srs.PNG (15.0 KB, 256 views)
Old 27th October 2009, 11:40 AM   #6486
diyAudio Member

Default I am glad you have appreciated the amplifier

Sounds nice.... you can increase your bass using Windows Media Player feature.

I have fixed my trouble..but i found i have saturation while using equalizer (increasing levels)..also i found that high quality and high volume recordings produces awfull distortions..so...i will operate alike you see..to be rid from troubles and will introduce one gain stage into the TriAmp input.

My Windows 7 is Ultimate, build 7300.... was released a week ago... october 20... i am happy..it is precise...reliable...also fast with my old Sempron 1.6 Gigahertz (Sempron 2600)...and old Asus mother board...very old stuff operating fine using 1 Gigabytes of ram memory...a poor man computer, but working fast as a ligthning!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Equalizer flat, but low level.jpg (195.2 KB, 225 views)
Old 28th October 2009, 03:10 AM   #6487
NITrOzX is offline NITrOzX  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Hi, Destroyer X, do you have some info about the THD and the other specs of the Amp?
I read all your page, and I couldn't find that.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:22 AM   #6488
diyAudio Member

Caro Carlos

hope you're doing fine!!! My recommendation:
Make the virtual memory of Windows in a second partition or, which is much better, onto an second harddisk - can be an old one. The operating system will work faster.

Joao

PS: The Win7-upgrade is waiting for me as well
Old 28th October 2009, 11:35 AM   #6489
diyAudio Member

Default Dx Amplifier, the standard one, THD measured into the Multisim.

I really do not bother with that...but i remember was low...will simulate and will post the numbers for you.

Dx Amplifiers sounds good....maybe, and by accident, may measured good too..but i ensure you i have not worried about that when tuning the unit using ears....for accident... a lucky result..... not bad results on numbers.

You will listen music.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. ...............................
Dear João

Windows 7 installed, working fine, fast with 1Gb or ram memory...no bugs, safe, guaranteed...better than XP, much better than Vista (not so heavy)...have my aproved...i am not worried with it anymore...reliable!

It is not a "macho" Windows..... it is a "sissies" windows.... too much usused things....too much colours..too much decorations...something i removed using the "macho classic" configuration.

I really think, all those guys from the San Francisco gay parade are working for Microsoft...they're needing some Latin males there to finish with that ridiculous colour stuff!.... ahahahaha...yeah...i know latine loves colours...but not into that exagerated way..windows is looling alike those jumping cars with hidraulicall suspension.

Watch that!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFid2yaMpE

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 28th October 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 28th October 2009, 12:01 PM   #6490
diyAudio Member

Default NITrOzX..... really man..your codename is not easy to write!

THD numbers means the amplifier MAY perform fine.....not real...i have assembled a couple of thousands during almost half century doing.... and i found amplifiers with very low THD sounding bad...and i have found high THD sounding fine...in the reality..the higher ones use to sound more interesting to MY ears.

My amplifiers sounds very good.... the bootstrapp technologie sounds excelent...not mine creation..this was made down the seventies (1969 i think)...and several versions and copies are around..all factories..Pioneer, Kenwood, Marantz, Sansui ...well... all them have made amplifier with this circuit inside...now a days there are some that is doing this way... even chip factories...inside the LM3886....or other number..the circuit is not so different..has some CCS...has quasi complementary...but the style is there...the approved style..the good sonic style.....

In our forum there are many.....there are 11 alike....variations around the same theme...all them very good.

Here you have numbers..... for accident, i repeat, sounded good with those numbers....but usually, those small numbers shows stérile, liveless sound..alike food without salt.... alike a very beautifull and cold woman.

Usually people does not perceive distortion when it is bellow 0.2 percent.... i cannot...my threshold is this one.....ALSO...speaker distorts a lot more than that....hard to perceive 0.2 from amplifier when speaker is producing 1 percent or much more (magic speaker produces only 1 percent)

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harmonic distortion.jpg (904.2 KB, 181 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!