Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 625 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd June 2009, 04:17 PM   #6241
diyAudio Member

Default Yeah...an entirelly new project..new ideas..all this deserves another thread.

This way we gonna have more options..ostripper made his amplifier, and many others...and all them are amplifiers..all them have differential..all them has VAS...well... let's multiply options.

Be happy!

Carlos
Old 2nd June 2009, 04:49 PM   #6242
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Fine Carlos, we should stay friends, allways

But to be honest, I dont think your position is right at all
Think of it, its really not in your favour at all

You have opened another thread - "DX builders thread"

Everyone has respected that one as dedicated to your own design, the way you like it

I honestly dont understand why just a change in layout should bother you so much

To leave this thread to its own destiny could actually give you what you want
An active open thread
Would be nice and easy to link to your own "DX builders thread", fore those who want to take the easy road
Or maybe just ask questions about original design
The only thread that is rightfully dedicated to your DX only

Sure, you do have the power to do it your way, but as lineup said, its not the same as being right

Its becoming even more a mess with too many threads
I think you should reconsider, fore the sake of all, yourself included

Old 2nd June 2009, 04:59 PM   #6243
diyAudio Member

Default I would prefer you to open another thread to present your modifications, your ideas,

your style, as others did..this thread is for Dx amplifiers..the schematics and boards published...this one has a board published into several posts...also into Greg Erskine pages.

I am already busy taking care of my babies, answering the ones are building, and some of them are in Brasil, others into the Orkut, and also i use to stay into a Brazilian forum.

I think i have made my contribution, the amplifiers were tested, built and a lot of folks are happy with it...not more tweaks into the Dx Amplifier.

Nelson Pass is a genius...i am a poor idiot... cannot compare his mind with mine three free neuroniuns.

Try Nelson Pass..maybe you can produce something interesting there..or the Ostrypper amplifier, or MJL transistor (i have never memorized those numbers because i have not such transistors).

Why i dislike modifications is a very long story, already published in this same thread, several times and will be hard to type around 20 messages to explain you my reasons that for sure you gonna agreed after reading..i prefer to invite you to open another one,l and them to modify layout and include resistances into emitter and other things you may want to make...i do not want to board into the adventure.

Modifications into those amplifier were closed since beginning of 2008, to avoid more problems.

Modifications, upgrades and updates not welcome .

So, please, open your thread, and present to forum folks your ideas about, your circuit and give them support if they want to build your design.

I am having a lot of work to advertise and keep my amplifier alive and usefull to a lot of beginners that come to my mail box..this is enougth to me and i do not want more responsabilities....i think Ostripper can help you more..he is a very good designer and opened to people modify his amplifiers.

with respect,

Carlos
Old 2nd June 2009, 05:32 PM   #6244
diyAudio Member

Default Re: I would prefer you to open another thread to present your modifications, your ideas,

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X
Nelson Pass is a genius...i am a poor idiot... cannot compare his mind with mine three free neuroniuns.
That is not fair - why do you have three neurons and I just have one?
Old 2nd June 2009, 05:34 PM   #6245
diyAudio Member

Default Ahahahah..... because brazilians has only few non operative neuroniuns

You have scaped from the rule.

ahahahah!

regards,

Carlos
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:06 PM   #6246
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

With all due respect to those involved, I believe Carlos is correct in suggesting a new thread for the new ideas.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:14 PM   #6247
diyAudio Member

Default Hello my dear Weldon, my prefered moderator..you are always around when needed

there's an enormous list of reasons to avoid modifications into my amplifiers... so big that i am avoiding to explain...will result in many long posts.

I am sure, people would understand very well and will give me support to such kind of decisions taken.

Thank you Cal Weldon,

Carlos
Old 3rd June 2009, 02:22 AM   #6248

Well, at least it was fun while it lasted

Good luck then
Old 3rd June 2009, 02:37 AM   #6249
diyAudio Member

Default Building the amplifier following the schematic without doing modifications

and producing boards the standard way... i will be with you, and here..the fun will continue.

But with modification, do not count with me.

You can make the standard board published and them run wires from that board to your power output board.

But i will not guarantee good results..this is the problem..you may have problems and this will create embarrasment to me, with someone having troubles with an amplifier that had never problems.... this way is not fair..will be burning Dx Amplifier image only to you to have fun and to use that board you have.

Stop to modify and i will be with you.... in a different way, i am very sorry but i will not be with you.

I could read people suggesting you to put emitter resistance into the Vas... come on Tinitus, this is not the Dx amplifier, not the standard... doing in such way you should open your thread to develop your amplifiers following your own ideas or accepting suggestions.... there's thousands of guys suggesting things... accepting suggestions my amplifier will finally turn a mess.

regards,

Carlos
Old 3rd June 2009, 03:17 AM   #6250

Default Re: Building the amplifier following the schematic without doing modifications

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

You can make the standard board published and them run wires from that board to your power output board.

Stop to modify and i will be with you.... in a different way, i am very sorry but i will not be with you.

I could read people suggesting you to put emitter resistance into the Vas... come on Tinitus, this is not the Dx amplifier, not the standard

Carlos
Ok Carlos

I admit I first started mainly because I had components to use
I also began trying to understand better how to do a layout
Would help me doing other stuff too
You were nice and very patient and understanding
You approved close to all I presented from arranging components
To the use of good Sanken
We had no problems what so ever
I think it ran sweetly, and I got very excited and found it very creative
Things started to get me even more interested
Found lots of nice stuff in various places
I thought small monos at the size of half a shoebox sounded appealing
Things seems to start get to you first when people started to suggest change schematic
You know that was never my intention
I have no skills to do so

I thank you fore inviting me back
But I will only do my own layout, with original schematic
Gregs very informative site and nice layout have made all the difference
But to return to just copy his layout is not an option fore any more sorry, cant do that
Not enough challenge at this point
If I cant do the best I can, its not fore me

You know, fore the money "wasted" on DIY, lots of other nice gear could have been bought
But I have never liked whats not mine
Commercial stuff means nothing to me
I suppose thats what DIY is all about, and why we are here

Time to move on it seems
As it is I better start collecting parts fore my F5 boards
Or maybe also try find a driver board fore all those super nice MJL21193/94 I have
If I had the money I would build withHoltons new monster amp boards
Different beast

But thanks anyway
Maybe you really just did me a favour

Hide this!Advertise here!