Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 613 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd May 2009, 07:38 PM   #6121
diyAudio Member

Default Robson Fulco made this way

A lot of stain marks you can see into the front panel.

Latter on i have informed him the chemical material that turns aluminium more white, chemically oxidazed and protected agains finger prints.... unfortunattelly was too late.

The chemical material is something used to remove blood stain, ferric oxide rust from fabric and clothing... those things... a liquid you find in the supermarket nearby your home.

It is a solution of watter and Oxalic Acid...makes aluminium surface boils spelling bubbles (do not breath).... there are some tricks to use it.... needing details i am able to give you.

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg painel fulco.jpg (73.8 KB, 355 views)
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:49 PM   #6122
diyAudio Member

Default Internal from the Dx Amplifier built by Robson Fulco

Attached,

regards,

Carlos

Click the image to open in full size.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Yes..heatsinks are five times smaller than the needed size..you see how this small amplifier is reliable....working those last monthes... almost a year..and nothing bad happened..even with those "toy" heatsinks.
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:00 PM   #6123
diyAudio Member

Default Numbers do not prove nothing... they just give you some

nice presentation about an amplifier...the unit, measuring good, may sound nice, may sound precise, may distort less.

But this does not happens always...this is not a guarantee of quality..it is a Marketing good help, a good advertising, some nice target to reach...but cannot guarantee nothing.

There are many amplifiers around, and i have tested thousands, that sounds terrible and measure very well..some of them costs a lot to buy.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif imagem.gif (95.5 KB, 325 views)
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:21 PM   #6124
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Robson Fulco made this way

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

... chemical material that turns aluminium more white, chemically oxidazed and protected agains finger prints...

... to remove blood stain, ferric oxide rust from fabric and clothing... those things... a liquid you find in the supermarket nearby your home.

It is a solution of watter and Oxalic Acid...makes aluminium surface boils spelling bubbles (do not breath)...

Please, tell us more about it uncle Charlie.
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:42 PM   #6125
diyAudio Member

Default It is not hard to make dear Duda.

Just brush your aluminium blade, heatsink or panel, with steel brush (copper wire brush is better)... use a rule to be a guide to do that... brush it into the length direction... clean it with soap and watter and dry it with some cleaning papper of soft fabric.

the big trick is not to use brushes that has metal holding the hairs..use something made of plastic or wood..or create your own using human or animal hair tied and fixed into a piece of wood or plastic.

The effect is to create a fast oxide cover into the panel... white and non shining surface...you must cover the entire panel with the chemical product, not to have more action into one extreme compared to the other..and to brush softly following the scratched you have made with steel brush or sandpaper.

After some minutes no more chemical reaction, no more bubbles..them wipe with water and let it dry.

This moment is perfect to apply letters..alike Letraset or something you can attach (glue) to the panel.... finally paint it with varnish, the one used to automobile, or the one used by artists that paint images in frames... painters may be the name.

You have a non reflective varnish that is very nice too..it is use to photography, to avoid ligth reflection into Chromium finish metal and brigth materials... this one..anti-reflection varnish (coating) will be nice too.

Also you can let without any kind of protection..the oxide created will be removed only if you scratch with metal points..it is resistant to the touch and also resistant to fingerprints.

The product, in brazil, is Texorin and Semorim.... but this means nothing..a local brand name..it is Oxalic Acid mixed with watter..used as a remover..to home use...to remove rust from fabric, clothing and to remove oxide from ceramic floor (but cannot let it there for more than seconds because removes the ceramic shinning surface..the metalization over ceramics is "eated", dissolved by this product.

If you keep it into you hand may have strong pains into your fingers...and a dark colour will appear... 2 days to disappear the dark color (dark blue alike poisoned folks ..or people without breathing..that blue)...pain goes in a couple of hours.... of course, i have learned that in the most stupid way.... have to use gloves..plastic protection glove and take care to open windows, or use a fan, not to breath that thing that can be harmfull to your health.

To make it perfect..only practice...doing and doing.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................. ................................................

Image shows an old heatsink were i have used the chemical... see the effect..white and without brigth.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fotos 022.jpg (65.7 KB, 324 views)
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:48 PM   #6126
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Carlos, those boards looks nice, where can get them
Might use fore tweeter amp, with small C-core trafos I have

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dx amplifier-dx amplifier top view-3.jpg (91.5 KB, 520 views)
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:47 PM   #6127
diyAudio Member

Default They were made by Greg Erskine (Australia)

He is the one maintain the Greg site where you have my schematics and boards layouts.

He has ordered 4 boards only... 2 units for his own use and 2 units he mailed to me.... no more boards were produced.... this happened a couple of years ago... take a look into the first post date and you will imagine how old is this thread.

All amplifier built by forum folks used the layout offered and created by Greg Erskine.... but they have made by themselves... using photo process (or laser copies and hot iron process) and etching inside their own homes...no one has ordered boards, not one has made group buy and no one has sold those boards.

Sorry Tinitus...i cannot help you.

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd May 2009, 02:48 AM   #6128
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Default Re: They were made by Greg Erskine (Australia)

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

Sorry Tinitus...i cannot help you.

regards,

Carlos
Its ok, as long as I know schematic on Gregs site is the right one
I have one of those fast spinning grinder things that might do it

But I have to look at pictures and board top wiev to know how to orient transistors
Unfortunate it all looks different, and neither Gregs boards nor yours seem to be like the board layout shown, so Im a bit lost there
Suppose I will stay to a kit then

Old 23rd May 2009, 04:07 AM   #6129
diyAudio Member

hi tinitus,

Here's a picuture of my final build. This picutre shows the Vbias transistor mounted on the output device.

The orientation of the input transistors is correct on the layout for the 2N5401. I used BC5xx, hence they are reversed on by build.

regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dx amplfier showing vbias #2.jpg (83.8 KB, 480 views)
Old 23rd May 2009, 04:18 AM   #6130
lgreen is offline lgreen  United States
diyAudio Member

Default DX HRII

just fyi, my DX HRII is here

Hide this!Advertise here!