Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 611 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2009, 10:15 AM   #6101
diyAudio Member

Default This last picture, the Dx Turbo, my home edition

Is now a days operating with 45 plus 45 volts.

It uses 3 pairs..all transistors absolutelly matched inside 2 percent tollerance...SO...no equalizing resistances are needed.

I'm using emitter resistances to allow me to measure the current into the ouput transistors (all them same time..all them the same gain, so all them will be conduction and i will have all those folks current into the emitter resistance)

One emitter resistance to the PNP emitters....other emitter resistance to the NPN emitters (joined together all them).... as i have two channels in this board..then you have 4 emitter resistances.

I have adjusted, there, to 500 uA to each power transistor... so measurement over each resistance is 335uA (0.000335A).

The best current is three times this one....or 1.5 miliamperes to each power transistor...this reduces distortion.

My decision was to operate with less heat.. accepting some distortions ..because heatsink is not very large.... the amplifier works dead cold!

regards,

Carlos
Old 6th May 2009, 10:52 AM   #6102
diyAudio Member

Default Here is my home edition..simplified...i accept some risks of oscilations

so i have omitted stop resistors, also have not installed zobel filter...but this is to my own unit..if explode (i will be happy fixing and tweaking.. a good chance to see how stable it is).

For forum folks, i suggest to use zobel filter, also stop resistances and output coil too (because some long length of wire used by some folks)

This one is mine.... i accept the risks.... it is working stable till now (72 hours testing)..... build this one under your own risk!.... the schematic is published at Greg Erskine and also DHR Turbo thread.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dhr turbo 45v home edition.pdf (73.6 KB, 211 views)
Old 6th May 2009, 10:58 AM   #6103
diyAudio Member

Default Trimpots marked

attached,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif trimpots of course.gif (31.7 KB, 798 views)
Old 8th May 2009, 04:47 PM   #6104
norazmi is offline norazmi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Default Parallel Transistor Dx-Amp

Hi Dx,

Today i`m success parallel the output transistor by using 2 x fja4210 and 2 x fja4310. Power supply is switching provide output +37.4 0 -37.4 VDC at 15 amp. Large winding toroid core using 6 22 awg at primary and 6 18 awg at secondary.

what i feel is dx amp with 4 power transistor produce more power, hi treble and huge of bass, about the temp? Its cold than 2 output transistor like 3 times cold than before. Its has been running about 5 hours non stop at half volume (btw my mohawk 150 wrms 8 ohm like to come out from the box hehehehe ). I`m not finish the final case yet, tonight i`ll process new board for stereo amp.

I can feel the music and the quality clear treble and deep bass very good at vocal too.

Regars
Azmi.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 8th May 2009, 04:53 PM   #6105
diyAudio Member

Default Here is the toner transfer....

Regards,
Azmi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg double.jpg (11.2 KB, 663 views)
Old 8th May 2009, 05:58 PM   #6106
diyAudio Member

Default Very good Norazmi...thank you to share the image with us

If you want you can remove the excesses of thermal compound grease using brush and petrol solvent...alike Kerozene, or Gasoline, or some product used to clean paint brushes.

I am glad you have appreciated... the best thing, is that your hairs will became gray and white and your amplifier will continue working...very reliable this one.

- "Dx amplifier, the unit that can works with almost any voltage you have..and will outperform many more complicated schematics..the sophisticated amplifier's eating machine!"

regards,

Carlos
Old 8th May 2009, 07:01 PM   #6107
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Parallel Transistor Dx-Amp

Quote:
Originally posted by norazmi
Its has been running about 5 hours non stop at half volume
what's that in volts AC at the speaker terminals measured as average?
Old 8th May 2009, 07:29 PM   #6108
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Parallel Transistor Dx-Amp

Hi AndrewT,

The most experience person too in DiyAudio , i`ll post it tomorrow because time now at my country GMT +8:00 is 3:09 AM at morning. Cant test it now, forgot to get the ac voltage at output, yes i know its important too.

I`ll take it tomorrow, here we have ac 240 vac. I`ve test with normal transformer 240 vac to 28 0 28 vac 5 amp, the led power will clip at half volume and large voltage drop, so i choose switching (mosfet IRFP460 x 2 driver) supplies and make transformer using ferrite toroid with 6 22 awg at primary and 6 18 awg at secondary. I use ultrafast rectifier to-220 case x 4 rate at 10 amp each, having choke after diode then go to 8 50v 3300uf on each rail(total 16 pcs).

I`m plan to use 2 dx amp(stereo) with this. I`m just newbie and trying build Dx Amp with great guide by DX A.K.A Mr Carlos very very friendly person teach me step by step sometimes i`m feel my question like a kids. Idiot question ... etc.... SO i`m 100% respect to Mr DX. From what i learn and i remember what my teacher say at school when i was 15 before (now 32 ). The person whois always teaching another person and share their knowledge will get more knowledge and experience.

Best Regards,
Azmi.

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewT
Old 9th May 2009, 11:34 AM   #6109
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Parallel Transistor Dx-Amp

Hi AdrewT,

I`ve test it today done, got 16.47 average vac on output and mohawk speaker 150wrms cant take it more, the cone become warm. It has been play at half volume. At this point my distance from the speaker about 2 meter and i can feel the energy of bass deep into my heart.

Regards,
Azmi.

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewT
Old 9th May 2009, 12:53 PM   #6110
diyAudio Member

Default heheheh.... 35 watts is easy for this amplifier

It can be playing that level for whole life..need only a good transformer and heatsink not to melt all stuff.

You can leave it this way and go the Mall, to by some food, and when return go to visit your girl friend...when return the amplifier will be there, playing in a very happy way.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!