Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2007, 12:23 AM   #501
diyAudio Member

Default That PDF was a contribution of a forum friend called RAJ.

I do not know his name is this forum...but it seems he do not want to show himself off.

Nice work he did.....also Klaas may be cooking something in his home.... after some beer in this saturday he may appear Sunday to tell us something.

Greg is a guarantee...will make a very good one..for sure.

Good weekend friends, as i know many of you use to disappear during weekends.

Dx amplifier is beeing constructed in the Brazilian forum i use to visit too....i am glad about that...of course.

regards,

Carlos
Old 24th March 2007, 02:02 AM   #502
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Shame on you Greg, I am officialy classified by my government as previously advantaged....i.e. screwed from here on ad finitum....
Nordic, does that mean you have to wash your own car now. hahaha. When I was working in the engineering game, there were lots of South Africians involved. I even had a South Africian girl friend, so I've heard lots of stories from all perspectives, very complicated situation.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cleaned up PDF, RAJ did a very good job. I still have a bit to learn.

regards
Old 24th March 2007, 09:44 AM   #503
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

K here it is, cleaned up and with fatter pads..

Orientation is right for photoetching, think you have to flip it for toner transfer...

Print at 300dpi, you dont have to extract the file just open in in winzip or winrar, select it by clicking with right mouse button, and click print file. It came out fine when I tested this procedure now...
Attached Files
File Type: zip dxpcb.zip (59.6 KB, 283 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 10:57 AM   #504
diyAudio Member

Default Nice work....interesting board.

" Dx amplifier is here...made for you my dear! "

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif dxpcb.gif (54.3 KB, 838 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 11:05 AM   #505
diyAudio Member

Default Classified as A...an amplifier that comes to stay

Also, an waterproof amplifier...just wait the water dry and plug it...will work fine and clean!....hehe

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterproof.jpg (64.1 KB, 810 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 11:12 AM   #506
diyAudio Member

Default During weekends, Dx amplifier will provide you fuel economy

You will be inside your home...listening with pleasure....you wil not answer to phone ringing...and in special, your car will be keept inside garage.

Not running the car...fuel economy!...another advantage of the Dx amplifier compared to others.

hehe

Be Happy folks....i am!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel economy.jpg (30.9 KB, 738 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 11:23 AM   #507
diyAudio Member

Default Dx amplifier was made thinking about you.

As old computer heatsinks are easy to find...also computer small fan blowers...they are cheap.

Beeing very small, you can install 6 units inside to produce a nice home teather.... or amplifiers using input filters working as crossover....one for bass, other for treble and other for mids.

Also small enougth to be included inside automobile amplifiers that already have switching power supplies.

Small to be included inside a speaker enclosure, to produce an ative speaker.

Very small boxes can be made...Dxyingclone can be produced.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multiple channels.jpg (51.6 KB, 775 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 11:36 AM   #508
diyAudio Member

Default One simple input circuit, something alike this one...adjusted to work

fine to your personal needs...will provide you the multi frequency amplification.

100 Watts can be produced using 35 volts symetrical supply...and even more including more output transistors (with emitter resistors) and bigger voltage supplies.... this may produce two nice bass units.

Other four amplifiers, working over 8 ohms, a very standard Dx units will provide you more 200 watts of nice sonics amplifier.

Minimum power of 600 watts can be constructed, Ximple and Xcheap!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: gif xcheap and ximple.gif (99.5 KB, 780 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 11:49 AM   #509
diyAudio Member

Default Audio spectrum..of modern music says that...

Power proportion of music is around

50 percent for woofer
35 percent for mids
15 percent for highs.

Beeing this way...Dx amplifier in a multi frequency system, will fit fine.

Also audio quality is extremelly better when using dedicated amplifier into a reduced bandwidth...less distortion and higher quality of reproduction...also amplifiers can be tweaked to turn optimum their reproduction into some pre decided range of frequencies.

Separating speakers, you will be inside the orchestra...a real surrounding system....instruments will came from different directions.

The speaker price will be lower, as you may choice lower power units...matched with the bandwidth needed.

Small speakers, used to Mids and treble can he hidden..to avoid problems with your wife...beeing low powered (because of power proportion you have inside modern music) you will be able to use very thin wires to run your system...do not worry with capacitances.... Dx amplifier is stable with 2.2 uf conected into it's output...so...some picofarads will not turn it unstable or will make it reproduce mufled sonics.

The use of small heatsinks...computer chips heatsinks, will provide you noiseless fan blower work..also fan can work with reduced voltage...for example....8 Volts DC.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg music spectrum.jpg (62.0 KB, 540 views)
Old 24th March 2007, 01:24 PM   #510
kvholio is offline kvholio  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I'm playing around with a vbe-multiplier now, mounted on main heatsink.
Trying to bias much higher now - before i biased at 30-40 mA , now i'm trying ~80 mA.
It doesn't seem to stabilize.
Also i noticed when driver-temperature goes up, bias goes up.

The thermal compensation is probably not tracking fast enough (it takes a lot of time for the main heatsink to heat up when bias goes up, so the thermal compensation is reacting too slow).

Only solutions i can think of now is mount thermal compensation to driver(s), or mount drivers to main heatsink.

Any thoughts ?

With kind regards,

Klaas

Hide this!Advertise here!