Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 219 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2007, 09:46 PM   #2181
diyAudio Member

Default Those "perfect amplifiers"...are terrible...very stérile...sound is inside a jail!

The sound wants to go out and cannot...blocked...impeached!

Those current limiters are a hell!

CCS is a scandall..... exception was GEM (i cannot believe till today)

This one have a lot of features Graham.

Well..... i am already watching you laughing on me...telling:

- I told you...do not loose time with those things.

regards,

Carlos
Old 5th July 2007, 11:31 PM   #2182
diyAudio Member

I laugh at your words Carlos, but not at the time you spent making that last amplifier.

You made genuine effort to give that circuit a chance, and yet again you were disappointed.

Using a CCS, a mirror or extra stages to idealise gain does reduce THD, but it won't sound as good if an internal phase shift develops which degrades both crossover distortion suppression and loudspeaker damping control at AF frequencies.

I turned the pcb round to read the circuit from your construction, and I could see the theoretical optimisation of linearity, but the circuit was too 'feeble and floaty' to maintain a grip of audio definition.
Also, as you say - current limits are awful. I think it better to have good sound with fuse protection, than indestructable ultra reliability but prematurely clipping garble.

Cheers ........ Graham
Old 5th July 2007, 11:35 PM   #2183
diyAudio Member

Default Re: The one i was trying was a Nakamichi schematic from 1980.

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

A very expensive equipment...and famous too.

Sounded not good enought to be compared with my beloved Dx amplifier..... i do not want to talk too much...but Dx had smashed it.

The amplifier sounded fine...very normal..very standard...very mufled...very bad in dinamics....very high power...very bad voices..very strange amplifier.

It has an automatic off set control and another circuit to control over current...those things killed the sonics.

I will not more try famous equipments.

I will construct only units people say sounded better than Dx amplifiier or sounded better than Symassym , or sounded better than Aksa or sounded better than GEM.

It is very deceptive.

Of course i have checked...all Vbe correct.....everything working fine...voltages correct...no transistor hot...off set very small (controled by the ballancing circuit included into the schematic)....and despite all features..... bah!

Here is the image.... the one is going to the grave yard to be buried (will be transfomed in parts...dismounted)

regards,

Carlos
Hello Carlos

I was sure that the Dx amp would eat that poor Nakamichi, now it need a nice burial ceremony with music from a Dx amp...

Sniff sniff, poooorrrr Nakamichi, they should still made cassette and cd players only, like that Nakamichi model 7 cassette player.

Gaetan
Old 5th July 2007, 11:49 PM   #2184
sandyK is offline sandyK  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Destroyer X Amplifier

Perhaps this is why you don't see much of the Nakamichi name anymore ?
Carlos, I didn't notice any manufacturer's markings on the BC556B transistors. Did I miss seeing the markings ? I see that you have similar smog problems to Sydney. Luckily, Greg and myself are further north and above most of it.
You have a very attractive second pair of ears. You are obviously very proud of her.

Kind Regards
SandyK
Old 6th July 2007, 12:33 AM   #2185
diyAudio Member

Default Yes dear friends... i am proud of my dear daugther

She is very good friend i have...always with me.... behaves like a dog watching me and sniffing me all time long...delicious young girl.... yes...sniffing..she likes my natural smell.... My daugther was in the video i sent to many friends, having Nakamichi detailed pictures and my daughter too...reason why my comments here.

Gaetan has received and also Hugh Dean and Sandy...i have sent to many other folks but i do not know if they have received.

I found a capacitor into the audio patch.... a wrong one!..... i made the error there.

Because of that i will have to construct the unit once more...i was dismounting when i perceived my error.

Being in the signal patch, exactly into the pair produces the voltage amplification...well.... this error can kill every amplifier.....

I will give another chance to our friend Nakamichi tomorrow morning.

I will construct it entirely once more...to test it once more.

Sorry folks....in the place the capacitor is installed...hehe.... i could have killed all treble and quality, as also controls impedance and phase there.

I was surprised also...Nakamichi was a very good brand...and played very bad.... because that capacitor maybe.

We will see that soon.

regards,

Carlos

Old 6th July 2007, 08:49 AM   #2186
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Nakamichi never learned how to design and make amplifiers.
They were one of the best at making cassette recorders.
My Nak never had a PCB looking as bad as that example shown by Carlos. All the PCBs are perfect looking.

Carlos,
are you sure of the origin of that PCB?
It is difficult to believe any reputable manufacturer would build like that and certainly not Nakamichi, on the little evidence I have seen.
Old 6th July 2007, 08:51 AM   #2187
diyAudio Member

pcb is not made by Nakamichi.....
Old 6th July 2007, 09:05 AM   #2188
diyAudio Member

Default Mr Andrew T is in my ignore list...the only one at the moment

I am not sorry, his comments are not good ...do not brings pleasure to me.

The guy seems to be more a computer than a man.... more clever than a computer.

I am not reading his mails Sparkle, so, not needed to answer in my place, unless you want it ...of course.

I am saying....if trying to help me....i do not mind what he wrotes, it seems a text book talking...criticise too much and construct nothing...i prefer humans that expose themselves in the place to be hide behind a text book

Also Mr AndrewT do not construct things..so..he is not a DIY...he is a speaking book... i do not know if he will succeed reading those codified numbers and letters we find when we subscribe to new providers, sites or web groups.

Sorry folks.... i am human, not perfect...i do not like this guy.

Forum has thousands of guys.... i like them all, this one is exception.

regards,

Carlos
Old 6th July 2007, 11:08 AM   #2189
diyAudio Member

Default Re: In this thread, some people has head, face and family

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X

Usernamex has a nice family..... pretty people from Rumania.

Here is the family being present to forum folks.

People in the thread has faces too.... also has names....his name is Adrian.

regards,

Carlos
I don't mind being confused with UsernameX. But I mind having my family presented as his

So, I'm Adrian, username charlie_fd, and the little one in the picture (Daria) is mine for sure!

Returning to DX amp: 10 pcbs are ready and will be delivered on monday for the assembly. After hearing what it can do, friend of mine and friends of our coleague UsernameX made us promise we will also build DX for them.

Will keep you all informed.

Regards,
Adrian
Old 6th July 2007, 12:52 PM   #2190
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry Charlie_fd.... i made the mistake with your name

For sure the little girl is yours.... same face!

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!