Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2007, 11:58 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default Beautifull lineup...thank you very much..great that...i will tell my family

They will feel proud of me.

thanks a lot....you have made my day.

Sparkle..... i shown Rosalinda last year...she is more pretty than that...much more pretty than that one....but she is so innocent!

Well..for sure they are the first to watch our images when we exceed....and them they cut the image...but they watch first!

hehe...life is beautifull and people is very interesting.

Here is the treble booster to the ones apreciate some small increase ...some emphasis in treble range.

This amplifier goes deep into low end bass...and this is beautifull when "acoustically ballanced by ears".... having the spice of high end reproduction.

Yeah...the amplifier is flat!...but i am not...my home is not too...my speaker is also not flat.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg like treble boost.jpg (25.7 KB, 14981 views)
Old 13th February 2007, 12:09 PM   #12
lineup is offline lineup  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sparkle

well, the suggestion was pointed to those things that Carlos maybe did not try to do....so....if he can do without it - suits me....he is the boss here... i know i would like to see that resistor there - but this is only me so do not bother
regards lineup - nice to see you contribute here......
daniel
daniel, Sparkle
your suggestion might turn out valuable here.

There may be exemplars built, that would need this.
That have some issues from Ground.
I have seen this used and recommended so many times by good audio people
that I can not refuse this suggestion.

Still, in my amplifiers, real or simulated,
I haven't, so far needed this Trick with a small value resistor.
To 'separate' power ground from signal input ground.

My thinking,
is that it depends very much of Layout of PCB and HOW actual Practical build and wiring,
... especially ground plane wiring, is made.

If we use a proper true Star Ground
we may not often need this resistor.
But practical PCB design is very difficult, without using some tracks for several grounded components
... so, sure is:
It will not hurt anything, to try adding such a 10 Ohm resistor.

good to see you back also, sparkle
after rain ALWAYS comes sunshine .. sooner or later
after bad days ALWAYS comes a better day .. sooner or later

lineup
Old 13th February 2007, 12:12 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Hugh Dean, from Aspen Amplifiers had offered me many secrets to be used.

He was one of the guys that helped me to create Simplício...and all amplifiers are working fine..in special this last one.

But i do not feel good using those sub circuits already used in Aksa...better to try, as i did, to produce good sonics with another schematic...this way it is mine, as no one is the thopologie owner.

Sorry Sparkle...i suggest you to increase this resistor with protective diodes too in your Dx amplifier...i hope you will construct...or you will come to sleep with Rosalinda...she will giving you all the guarantee that no mosquito will bite you.

So dedicated...so dedicated she is.

Lovely girl...but she hates women..i do not know... she do not behaves the same with girls...interesting?

This schematic is a gentle cooperation form Mr. Sparkle.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schematic_newer01.jpg (74.8 KB, 15822 views)
Old 13th February 2007, 12:23 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Error to be fixed..schematics posted are from Sparkle...greg is preparing schematic,

Also parts list and layout....very soon he will post..he is constructing amplifier with nephew at this moment...beautifull that.

Lineup:

Since the first sunrise of our lives we have beeing warmed by the tender touch of sunligth..and this is the biggest joy of our lives.

regards,

Carlos
Old 13th February 2007, 12:53 PM   #15
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

It is interesting that no thermal compensation is used, and no emitter resistors. Do you need to use a very big heatsink Carlos?
Old 13th February 2007, 01:53 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Yes Ritchie..simple, fast to construct and without extra parts.

Using a big heatsink you will be happy, as i could not increase more than 41 degrees in my 29 degrées celsius environment...
the normal volume audition measured 35 degrees.

Also you can substitute the 330 ohms resistor by three diodes in series the way shown...this way you install diodes touching heatsink and the temperature increase will reduce the stand by bias for the output stage...one of the earlier Leach amplifiers used those diodes.

The purpose there is to create, over those resistor extremes a voltage of 2.5 volts or around that...and this will turn on all drivers and output transistors...increasing voltage...the output transistors will receive more bias and will conduct more....when those diodes turns hot...the voltage developed over its extremes goes down... this way you reduce your bias to output stage...this is to the ones that do not know.... i think everybody knows that..of course you know Ritchie...but i have not a "Cristal Ball" to discover the ones are doctors and the ones are beginners..also i do not use to check "who is that guy".... i use to be kind with everybody...from the garbage colector to the Post Graduated Doctor..

Here is the option...i have made that because i have imagined that people will ask exactly you have asked...so..thank you..

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thermal stabiliser.jpg (42.6 KB, 16175 views)
Old 13th February 2007, 01:55 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default The way you can see Ritchie.... the temperature measured listening for 2 hours at

normal (civilized) volume levels..... average with 2 watts and peak around 10 watts...the temperature did not increase over 35 volts.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temperature.jpg (79.8 KB, 14006 views)
Old 13th February 2007, 07:56 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

hehe,
cold amplifier in a warm country....nice combination....

i know that you are using your nice power supply that is snuberized and so on - will we see that sch also when our friend Greg is finished with drawing??
Old 13th February 2007, 08:03 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Default I am cooking here today Sparkle.... confort only when i was driving because air

conditioned.... 4 showers todays...a hell hot here.

More than normal.... world temperature is changing and not so slowly as people is telling us....the reality seems to me to be worst.

In front of the beach the protection walls are beeing re-constructed.... waves are destroying and invading the buildings...sand is almost disappearing.... we had 100 meters large of sand last Carnival...one year before now....and today the sand size is not more than 8 meters when the conditions are better (no moon effects)

The amplifier is sounding very nice...i am happy with it.

Voltages are wonderfull....VBE are very interesting.... 590 mV to each output transistor.... 575mV to each driver and to input transistors.... 575 to VAS...beautifull...off set adjusted to 300 microvolts.... operating cold...no distortion during very low volume audition....no noise...no thump during power on...no need of Miller capacitor...hehe...fine

regards,

Carlos
Old 14th February 2007, 05:10 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

well, this is looking fine ....

as soon as i finish my current project i think that i will try this one - i have some c5200/a1943 outputs that i can use....they are unfortunatelly fakes but i think that they might work....
Carlso - tell me please if your amp will work with fakes also - without change in schematic....??

also i think that i will use BD139 and BD140 for drivers and VAS... this might work nice...

also - i have some heatsinks to use.....well, well......

Hide this!Advertise here!