Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 115 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2007, 09:17 AM   #1141
diyAudio Member

Default Fair Weldon, a public message, you are the one and leave inside my heart, thank you.

thank you by the fast remotion of the post i have asked you to delete...my bad post, that created problems.

What happened was explained to you, and fast you have helped me Weldon

Happened with me, that a dear friend, someone that i use to talk daily, sometimes 3 to 4 times a day turn angry with me because that image i have post.... using a German helmet.... also US troops helmet too...but the moustache was from that bad guy...Adolph.... i was kidding, as we use to do, but was considered annoying by Mr. Sparkle... i think i have faced him with bad mood or i touched some open wound in his heart.

You fixed the whole thing...once again, your intervenction was needed, fast and fair.... Well Done as you even did.

Moderators are a need, as we make foolishes, we are not perfect...someone thinking on the forum needs must be supervising, and someone alike you is extremelly needed and precious.

No...i cannot forget that others use to make nice work too...SY, Planet10, Variac, Pinkmouse,Netlist and AudioFreak... all those, and others, helped me at least once.... Anatech had not too many chances to help me till those days, but i think he will be ready too if needed more times.

Well there are others to thank.

But i cannot forget to tell you that you are my prefered one.... 98 for others...you got my 100!

The story that moderators are not a need are enormous lye..also that we love everybody the same is another lye too.... we have our prefered ones...of course.

If we behave fine.... tracking over the rails..we will never face problems with moderators... the ones that made excesses, for sure, do not apreciate moderators very much....obvious reasons.

They are not bad...anyone of them...the opposite..if i try to find failure, to criticize something, i think they are good in excess...some bad folks deserve bad treatment and a kick in the....

regards,

Carlos
Old 4th May 2007, 09:41 AM   #1142
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

NP Carlos,with an active imagination, it is easy for the social acceptance part of our brains to fall asleep...but I also envy it because it leaves us in a more natural place than the selfmade boogiemen of our age does... one man can not be evil on such a scale... he needs the cooperation and blessing of thousands of others... something we kindly forget to make our view of the world hurt less...Does not matter where in the world it happens...

Back to the amp, here is the tp view of the PSU boards as promissed and requested by Klaas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dxpsutop.jpg (16.7 KB, 405 views)
Old 4th May 2007, 10:54 AM   #1143
diyAudio Member

Default Yes Graham...was exactly you that teached me those details about Silver Mica

capacitors.

Thank you,

Carlos
Old 4th May 2007, 12:37 PM   #1144
kvholio is offline kvholio  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Very nice pcb, Nordic.
What kind of supply is it ?
are the four big caps just in parallel ?

I'm asking because afaik, creating a star is not always the best way to do it, but opinions seem to differ.

Best regards,

Klaas
Old 4th May 2007, 12:50 PM   #1145
diyAudio Member

It is the standard PSU on Greg's site...... i.e. caps parallel but seperated by 5uH inductor||series resistor.

worst case I just need to try other layouts... but I'm sure it will cope... oversized all resistors...
Old 4th May 2007, 01:33 PM   #1146
kvholio is offline kvholio  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I adapted the psu-schematic adding some explanation.
PE-connection moved to the left (connection between center of caps and centertap of transformer)

Click the image to open in full size.

Well this is what i think is best, people are welcome to shoot holes in my reasoning,
though i don't want to invite a discussion that drags on for days (done that a bit too often i'm afraid)

Your pcb ties everything together at a single point, creating a noisier ground.

Your pcb will most probably not create a humming amp, so no need to get upset about it.
It's also just my look at things.

Best regards,

Klaas
Old 4th May 2007, 03:50 PM   #1147
diyAudio Member

Default I am observing with attention...very interesting ideas.

Also the "vision" about earth segments, ground parts are very interesting.

I will need to make my reflections about.... i am a little confused how electrons will decide were is less confused ground or not...not kidding...i want to visualize...this is the best way to understand.

I use to make a movie inside my mind.

and i am doing.

Thanks klŠas...nothing ironic or even sarcastic...serious.

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serius small.jpg (21.3 KB, 301 views)
Old 4th May 2007, 04:02 PM   #1148
diyAudio Member

Talking Re. Power sup

Hi Carlos,
Bravo, It 's nice to see your power supply circuit. I have a problem with hum from AC line. I can only (A) change the grounding places (Power_in, sp_out. . .) to see the different and use the least noisy possible. In some instances, I have to (B) put additional wires to make loops in my ground node. I did (A) and (B) repeatedly until the noise went out and my amp is a sort of rug. Your design have taken away all these ugly stuffs. Nice moves.

Thanks.
Old 4th May 2007, 04:13 PM   #1149
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks Phong.

Carlos
Old 4th May 2007, 04:48 PM   #1150
diyAudio Member

Do I adjust pot on VBE multiplier to adjust bias?
I set it to 666 before soldering in the other components...

Hide this!Advertise here!